Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stuck with money
Possibly a deposit on a house however, it's £5,000 or $7,956

This could do well in setting up a business? Especially one in web hosting.
(10-18-2010, 09:17 AM)Sam Wrote: Possibly a deposit on a house however, it's £5,000 or $7,956

This could do well in setting up a business? Especially one in web hosting.

It's your decision what ever you decide,
the money was given to you. What do your parents think about all this?

(10-18-2010, 07:12 AM)cheeseburger Wrote: I would just save it, until you are 100% on what you want.

I agree with him this Is the best option.
£5,000 is a lot of money. If you really do want to invest in a web hosting business then I suggest you do a lot of research. I know you wouldn't spend all the money on it but even if you spent a fraction of that amount, it might go to waste. If you're serious then by all means do as you wish but please, don't rush into things.

The other alternative is to buy yourself a nice car (and lessons if you don't know how to drive yet) or save the money until you're older. I'm sure you would gain a nice amount of interest if you left it for a few years.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

She gave it to you so you can spend. If she wanted you to save it for college or something she probably would of told you. I would spend it.
I have a car. I am getting lessons for my birthday. I don't go to college and I am not going to University.
As Skill said, the best thing is that you do some research and only spend it if you have all the information you need to make a decision. If not, save it until you do.

Don't feel guilty about the money. It shows how much she cared about you.
[Image: MpzF8.gif]
You would probably need to spend a good portion of that money if your hosting would be successful.
You would need a high quality domain. High quality servers. Advertising money. Etc.

You would be competing with a lot of people. As stated above do your research first then invest. It's your money though so do what you want.

I'm sorry for your loss.
-Polite-Active-Respectful-Atheist-Donator-Obliging-xerox?-
Are you trolling me? I don't care. Your thread may help someone that was too embarrassed to ask.
She left it to you for a reason.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(10-18-2010, 08:56 AM)Sam Wrote: Thanks, I still feel guilty about the amount.

If you still feel guilty about it, donate (some, half, or even all) it to the charity of your choice.

That way the money is guaranteed to be put to good use.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuck on anger OrdinarilyRandom 0 502 09-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Last Post: OrdinarilyRandom
  Stuck being a midlife loser, please HELP daysowork 4 829 05-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Clark