Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on spec's for new PC
What about this graphics card?
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Component...ctId=41477
[Image: s1.jpg]
Thats a very high end graphics card from what I can see. The one I was looking at was a ATI HD 3870 X2. a little higher Core Clock, but not nearly as high as the memory clock your graphics card shows. I think it would be worth it, if your thinking on buying that.

Heres a site I found with various graphics cards and their specifications:
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/index.php?sort=coreclk

The one I have at the moment is a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GS with 768Mb video memory and 2.50Ghz

So far i've been reading that the ATI Radeon HD 5970 is one of the most high end graphics cards you can get.... With a price of £560 of course. But it doesn't get much better than this one.
What Infinity said, let us know what you choose!
I think anything above 3Ghz is perfect for gaming purposes. That 4.2Ghz is a little overclocked as Nemmy had said, but in my personal opinion, I get all the best things for my computer anyway lol. Thats just the way i've always been. I have a pretty powerful machine, but I dont have the high end graphics card for gaming, however mine is "decent" for 2.50Ghz..

Most games running through a PS2 Emulator I can get around 30fps average. This is why I say around 3Ghz is good enough. Most cases you only need around 50-60fps to run the game at full speed realtime. But if you are in a game like that involves a lot of video memory, then usually people go for high end stuff anyway. Intel is a wide known brand for good graphic cards too.

Can't think of a game off the top of my head that would need a powerful graphics card to run smoothly, but I know there are some out there. I'm not much of a gamer, but I enjoy the time here and there to pickup on some enjoyment from it Smile

Sometimes it doesn't even matter what the memory is, if it very compatible then it's almost useless anyway. I need to update my graphics card sometime so I can get a higher version of pixel shading compatible with my computer.
Gladiator Intel i3 530 @ 4.2GHz Overclocked Gaming Motherboard Bundle
£240.56

Palit GeForce GTS 450 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
£91

Seagate Barracuda ST3500418AS 500GB 3.5" SATA II Hard Drive
£30

Tsunami Desk Manager MIDI Tower Case No PSU
£20

Arianet Black 550W "Silent Gaming PSU" ATX Power Supply for AMD and Intel Motherboards 20Pin + 4Pin
£24

Samsung SH-S223L 22x Internal Lightscribe DVD±RW SATA Drive - Black
£13

This is what I have ended up with.
What you think know?
Looks great, have fun Thumbsup
It shouldn't even depend on quality, it should be based on what you use your computer for. If you aren't a gamer, or you don't use other high video processing software, then you probably won't need a really expensive one. But you'll still need to gauge on how sufficient the graphics card you'll be buying, is in terms of purposes that you use your computer for. Otherwise it's a waste because you'll never use it's full capacity.
Yeah, I am building it for gaming.
(10-17-2010, 10:52 PM)phire nuk3r Wrote: Gladiator Intel i3 530 @ 4.2GHz Overclocked Gaming Motherboard Bundle
£240.56

Palit GeForce GTS 450 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
£91

Seagate Barracuda ST3500418AS 500GB 3.5" SATA II Hard Drive
£30

Tsunami Desk Manager MIDI Tower Case No PSU
£20

Arianet Black 550W "Silent Gaming PSU" ATX Power Supply for AMD and Intel Motherboards 20Pin + 4Pin
£24

Samsung SH-S223L 22x Internal Lightscribe DVD±RW SATA Drive - Black
£13

This is what I have ended up with.
What you think know?
Keep in mind that if a processor is overclocked , its life also reduces drastically . The speed its going at is great . I have a computer running at 3.33 ghz and when overclocked it goes till 3.93 . The only problem is that , to support the overclocking , everything in your computer starts running a lot faster . The cooling fan , the RAM , so the life of almost every part in your computer reduces .
Your graphics card is great , especially as it is a GDDR5 . It will have no problems running any game in the present world .
Good luck mate . Tell us what you buy in the end .
Want to play COD on it and game, processor, memory and your graphics card need to be top end.
EDIT,

Use this site and it has minimum specs for games and ways to improve.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your computer spec? яeborn 14 2,947 11-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Last Post: New Jersey