Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Office 2010] Stuck in Caps
Alright, so when ever I type in Office 2010 its typing in caps, please dont ask if my caps lock is on. I am a big computer geek and I can figure this out. It started being a bitch earlier today, so I uninstalled it, then reinstalled and still same issues.....WHY!

[Image: 14tpi0m.png]
[Image: tyler-allen.png]
Hello Alan. I wil be your assistant for your problem. You must tell me some inforamtion, is it:

MS OFFICE 2010 Pro Plus
MS Office 2010 Home and Student
Other MS Office Version not listed, and please specify.

Also, I have read that it is impossible for this issue to happen on google, with an OpenType font.

Is your version of MS office 2010 Activated?

What font are you using? Have you tried changing the font you currently have to something else?
[Image: t5BWm.png]
It looks like to me you have changed the case settings.
Change this by clicking on the change case icon beside shrink text. Big Grin

Also try highlighting your text > right click > click font > check if the effect all caps is selected.
If so unselect it. Smile
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I have Office 2010 Standard
Yes, Office 2010 is Activated.

This error is happening on all my fonts, the normal font I am using is Calibri.
(10-17-2010, 04:52 AM)Tyler Allen Wrote: I have Office 2010 Standard
Yes, Office 2010 is Activated.

This error is happening on all my fonts, the normal font I am using is Calibri.

Had Untouches method worked? If not, please tell me.
No, sadly the method he provided did not work.
I do have TeamViewer, so if you can provide support that way, you can.
(10-17-2010, 05:24 PM)Tyler Allen Wrote: No, sadly the method he provided did not work.
I do have TeamViewer, so if you can provide support that way, you can.

Sure when do you want to teamview? I have teamviewer as well, don't worry Im no hacker, just a helper Big Grin
Possibly a ctfmon.exe problem, not sure about this though Sad
see if the "All Caps" check box on the Font dialog box is checked or unchecked. In your case you'll want to have that unchecked. 2010 has a feature similar to photoshop in that you can have lowercase letters in all caps even when your not using caps lock or shift to enter each key.

Just reminded me I need to download Team View so I can help others out here in a more efficient way.
(10-17-2010, 05:58 PM)Infinity Wrote: see if the "All Caps" check box on the Font dialog box is checked or unchecked. In your case you'll want to have that unchecked. 2010 has a feature similar to photoshop in that you can have lowercase letters in all caps even when your not using caps lock or shift to enter each key.

Just reminded me I need to download Team View so I can help others out here in a more efficient way.

I have just about went through all the "normal" and "usual" steps...umm can we come up with something not so usual.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WHAT IS OFFICE? smithzack792 0 610 02-20-2020, 01:37 AM
Last Post: smithzack792
  How to Remove Background of an Image using PowerPoint 2010 JiniOnline 2 1,085 03-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Last Post: chesterhott
  MS Office Lab 2019 Miku 6 1,779 07-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: caspur
  Mircrosoft Office 2010 [free][legal] WMM 24 6,299 11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Last Post: WMM
  Office 2010 Pro missdna72 6 1,569 11-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Last Post: SlimDeath