Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best AV for PC protection.
None they only take up space and use high cpu
[Image: pughacking.png]
Best anti virus? There is a way to determine the best anti virus, but it would take a lot of looking into every anti virus. wouldn't be worth the trouble.

I personally like nod32 ess. Used it for over a year now; yet to have a virus actually infect me. Also has a great firewall. But i believe i could survive without an anti virus, for the simple fact that getting a virus is a lot harder if you are a pc security expert.
I currently have Avira Antivirus Personal. I'm happy with it.
I use NOD32 primarily because it's extremely easy to find keys for it.

It's also decent on blocking malware.

And there's always the added benefit of it's sexy GUI.
Kaspersky Internet Securit,y and a Port Guard is what i use, Yes Kasper is a nasty source hog BUT the detection rate makes it bearable.

To conserve resources i pause it or turn it off when im not downloading or doing anything that requires me to use it.
[Image: pageviews=1]
Avira hand's down, Try it you will see what I'm talking about.
I would say Avira is the #1 AV. I use premium security suite works like a charm and is great.
I regularly use AVG. It has every hour updates (that dont really change anything) but every .exe that i have ran, has either gone through it or HiJackThis. MalwareBytes doesnt even get more info on a virus than AVG
(10-21-2010, 02:42 PM)Positive Wrote: I regularly use AVG. It has every hour updates (that dont really change anything) but every .exe that i have ran, has either gone through it or HiJackThis. MalwareBytes doesnt even get more info on a virus than AVG

I would suggest you try Avira and that'll make you change your mind on AVG since Avira is #1. Sleep
(05-27-2010, 01:25 AM)cheeseburger Wrote:

Yeah, the system nobody wants to hack.
[Image: t5BWm.png]