Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a Question
When i am using the WhoIs with my ip adress at the location it doesn't show me the location i am but the location my internet provider is...
Do u know any way to find the exact location of an ip adress?
[Image: 28b72ba.png]
Depends what type of ip you have

Funny how my location is in middle on an corn field. lol

I don't think you are able to locate an exact position of a computer using the IP, mostly you'll locate the location where your IP is coming from.
(10-11-2009, 10:32 PM)NinjaGeek Wrote: Funny how my location is in middle on an corn field. lol

I don't think you are able to locate an exact position of a computer using the IP, mostly you'll locate the location where your IP is coming from.

A while back when i was on dial-up i traced my ip with one of these online tracers and it was very accurate, it didn't go to my ISP.

Static IP addresses can be located to a tee, dynamic IP addresses which are assigned by your ISP get located to you the closest headquarters or switching station of your ISP.
(10-11-2009, 10:53 PM)Agent Wrote: A while back when i was on dial-up i traced my ip with one of these online tracers and it was very accurate, it didn't go to my ISP.

Yeah dial up can be traced accurate, TimK said it right.
My friends ip was located 5 provinces away from me, IP lookups are unreliable.
(10-12-2009, 01:03 AM)MyNameIs940 Wrote: My friends ip was located 5 provinces away from me, IP lookups are unreliable.

My web hosting server switches between India and Washington DC.

Sometimes you tube is sent in Indian, other times its English.

Switches every couple of months, don't understand it at all.

Its a proxy, by the way.
(10-12-2009, 01:07 AM)Extasey Wrote: My web hosting server switches between India and Washington DC.

Sometimes you tube is sent in Indian, other times its English.

Switches every couple of months, don't understand it at all.

Its a proxy, by the way.

My friends isn't, it's because they run out of ip's so they need to "Borrow" one from another location, lol.
lol WhoIs traced my ip to Marina del Rey... yer in the u.s. somewhere never herd of it