Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penumbra Series
Yesterday I downloaded a three-game series called Penumbra, and my god guys these are by far the scariest games I've ever played. Just like 10 minutes in I was shittin my pants, normally I am not scared by video games but this is like you're in a real legit horror movie and it's just so scary.

I got them because I was thinking of getting a game called Amnesia: The Dark Decent, which is made by the same people as penumbra and is apparently even more scary.. it cost as much as the three penumbra games combined so I got these first. After I'm done with these, I'm definitely getting Amnesia lol.

Has anyone else played Penumbra or Amnesia? Here's two vids of Penumbra and Amnesia below.. they don't do em any justice though, lol.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5uoZh_uatQ[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXjtBe2g3Ns[/yt]
Seems like a cool game..
[Image: 1hacksyea.png]
Nice detail, it's a cool game.
SIGNATURE TOO BIG
Too scary for my liking. Looks fun though.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

LOL, how is it too scary?
SIGNATURE TOO BIG
It's very immersive; if your room is dark and headphones are on, you'll start to feel like you're there and that it's real almost.. you get legitimately scared to look around corners or open doors or walk into the darkness lol. You usually can't even begin to fight the demons/ghosts/monsters/whatever they are either, your only option is to run and hide..

But yeh, I can see it being too scary for a lot of people.
You've got me more interested. Are there harsh specs to play?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

I think I once got Overture part of this game. I played like 5 minutes per day because I was afraid I will get heart attack in such a young age.
i dont really like scary games, nor do i like scary movies, the idea of watching doing something that is going to give me nightmares doesnt interest me in the slightest. lol
[Image: denassig.png]
Something must be wrong with me. I played through Amnesia The Dark Descent, and didn't find it really scary... I thought it was pretty trippy at parts, but not so... scary. Even when I was playing in the dark with headphones. It does have a really fantastic atmosphere, and I can understand why it'd be considerably more scary than other games. I think I'm just really desensitized to scary games.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite game series of all time [M] 25 3,768 03-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Twidler
  Top Shooter series (Poll) chasejjj 85 18,273 08-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Uzi
  Made a new video for my series Oliver 6 957 08-29-2012, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  Humble Stumbles: LIMBO series BlackChaos 8 731 06-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  Do you play Super Mario series games? ELY_M 55 11,923 05-28-2011, 02:15 AM