Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Tutorial* - Get known on google!
(11-10-2010, 05:43 PM)MindSet Wrote: Actually, Your right. It's not as easy as I wrote, but what is?

The hard part of the guide is staying dedicated to it.
Just with that and following this guide, you will be successful.
(11-10-2010, 12:20 PM)Infinity Wrote: No lol, i've been working with this type of thing for a long time. Content is still number 1. Have you ever heard of the term Bounce Rate?

If you don't have content on your webpage, or something that appeals. Especially for an informational site or domain such as a forum for example. They will visit your site if you have a really high end sponsor, sure. But they will use another link or press back if they dont see any content to see your website as useful or worth their time.

Content is good for appeal, to the internet user, as much as it's important to your sites success. And Content, is definitely the best way. It should be mentioned more, but it isn't. Only few people know about it Smile

Backlinks get you traffic, but so does content. Except content does a lot more, and widens your door to a bigger audience on search engines, especially google.

Backlinks are important, but they don't make your site at all. Even if you had a million of them on the best websites, that does not make your site any better, or improved for search engine optimization. You're tutorial is on SEO for google. Backlinks do almost nothing for that, except get you more traffic to raise your spot on google. Content gives you a wider variety in audience because of the word queries for googles crawlers. Therefore content will get you a lot farther on "getting known on google."

It's a game of competition. I've known this for years.

I've never said content wasn't important. I simply stated that in my opinion, backlinks is what really will build you up on google. Do you think just using
your content to get high ranked on google will be enough? No, not at all.

Backlinks are more than just traffic. Backlinks are putting you higher ranked
because you pretty much have a 'already' high ranked site sponsoring you.

These steps are the steps I've used to 'get known on google'.
It worked and it worked perfectly. I myself am proof that it worked.

See, i've been a webmaster for a long time, thats where you need to think smart and get some of the work being done for you Smile Depending on the site, blogs, get activity as well.

You can start a Review area, for a type of blog, that way you get others updating the content on your site for you.

You can keep a blog for announcements and/or updates, or even new news.

Some of the stuff, i'm suggesting is that you can get others working for you while they don't even realize it. Review sections are great for that !
(11-10-2010, 05:43 PM)MindSet Wrote: Backlinks are more than just traffic. Backlinks are putting you higher ranked
because you pretty much have a 'already' high ranked site sponsoring you.

These steps are the steps I've used to 'get known on google'.
It worked and it worked perfectly. I myself am proof that it worked.

No no... lol you've got it all wrong, you might know what works, but you don't understand how some of it works. Backlinks are important, but they are only traffic.

How high ranked the sponsor site you have, doesn't affect your rank AT ALL. The only reason why you'd think that is becuase lots of people go to their site. which means faster activity and redirection to your site because their's is popular. I know you never said content wasn't important, but it is still undoubtedly the most important. No matter how popular your site is. Content does a number of things.

Attract and keep regular users to your site, gain network traffic, more frequent time period google's crawlers go over your site, etc.

However, backlinks, are ONLY network traffic, and advertising. They don't have any effect on the site itself, but they are still important.
Agreed and understood. Thank you for contributing.

Also, I'd like to ask you, how often does google update their PR rank? I've heard it's like 2-3 times a year.
Is there a certain time google updates ranking as far as position?

A blog is a good tip. I'm sure we'll do that later down the road.
Right now we have a forum up, which we don't plan to go live until the new layout hits.
Page rank is determined by how many inbound links you have, but I believe, it's up to google to decide whether to update it or not. Usually you'll see changes around 4 months. Sometimes after 3 months. There's toolbars and all that for page ranking, but they aren't accurate anyway, so i've never really used them. I don't know how you'd find a real value for a page rank, there's formulas that i've searched over the net a few times, but I've never actually tried using them. I did have the toolbar for a while, but I uninstalled it a while ago, since it didn't seem very reliable.
nice tutorial here (:

**well put glad to see you have HQ posts.
[Image: LiGzX.png]

(11-10-2010, 10:06 PM)itmoney22 Wrote: nice tutorial here (:

*at the moment im trying to do the exact opposite tho ;o

You're trying to get off google ranks?
(11-10-2010, 11:39 PM)Infinity Wrote: You're trying to get off google ranks?

just dont like being on google is all, for everyone to have the info on me :/

(11-12-2010, 12:14 PM)itmoney22 Wrote: yes that is correct: i linked my school and Online stuff all together. ive now separated them. never thought id be into Blackhat

It still doesn't make sense to me. You have a website? but you're trying to stay off google search?
(11-12-2010, 01:58 PM)Infinity Wrote: It still doesn't make sense to me. You have a website? but you're trying to stay off google search?

if u have any questions Pm me.

thanks (:

(11-12-2010, 02:02 PM)itmoney22 Wrote: me posting my reasons here wouldnt help the point of getting away from google xD

if u have any questions Pm me on HF same username.

It wouldn't help the point of getting away from google because this thread is about how to get on google.
[QUOTE='Infinity' pid='138053' dateline='1289598705']

like if this post was deleted. thanks