Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help setting up my domain
Well, I just bought a new domain for my forum and I have no idea how to set it up. When I first started my forum, my friend did all of the set up and I wasn't paying attention, total mistake. Sorry for the lack of info in this thread, I literally know nothing about this, so if you have questions, ask.
[Image: iTijPACh1qYlA.png]
Personal Blog | Forever and Always <3 Mell
What forum software have you decided to use?
You need to purchase hosting for this domain, backup your files and sql database, upload to the new host and change DNS in your registrar account.
Ah, I see, thanks Solidus.
Eve, I am using MyBB as it is what I am most familiar with and I prefer it to anything that I have used so far, which is a large amount of forum software.
[Image: iTijPACh1qYlA.png]
Personal Blog | Forever and Always <3 Mell
Xypher if you need support contact me on HF and I will help you from there. I am able to help you install, setup permissions, setup group settings etc. I will even do it for free.
getting a domain and hosting the domain are 2 different things, if your buddy set it up for you does that mean that he got you hosting already? In that case you just have to upload your files to the server now. Otherwise you'll need some hosting and you'll have to set up a few things in your cpanel, and save some information in a safe place for later use in administering your website.
you need to link the DNS's i think, you get the DNS's when you buy the hosting and you link them to your hosting im sure?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting Up New Domain FTP? ImFocuzz 6 1,237 03-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity