Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For people who are interested in advertising support forums.
Hey guys I wanted to show you guys how to get some good ways to promote SF on your sites or other places!

First things first is you should get your friends to join from work, school and other places. Have a friend that is having a rough time? Tell them that this is the best place to go if you don't want to meet with a guidance councilor etc.

Here is a code that you can put in your signature if you really want to get some people. I suggest you use TINYURL to get your items shortened so it fits in signature spots (This was formatted to go into HF, but should work other places too). obviously switch to your refer link that you can find under the invite button ([Image: invite.png]):

Example:

[Image: 39g6wtf]
Supportforums is one of the best places to go to get mature advice! Click my sig to register! You can post not logged in for anonymous help to do so, just go to www.supportforums.net

Code:

Code:
[align=center][URL=http://tinyurl.com/2wx5crw][img]http://tinyurl.com/39g6wtf[/img][/URL][b]
Supportforums is one of the best places to go to get mature advice! Click my sig to register! You can post not logged in for anonymous help to do so, just go to www.supportforums.net[/b][/align]

If you are on forums where people are asking for advice, do not tell them to just come here. It makes you seem like some ridiculous spammer and for the most part, they wont check it out. Give them some enlightening advice of your own and then say that you would advise to get some more great advice like that come here. Advertising with some sort of personal touch directed to a member is a lot more touching then a Canned speech that anyone can do.

You could also hold contests.

If you are on a forum you could offer some sort of needed/important item if they reach blank amount of posts and first one to it wins. It's definitely a great way to get lots of people to the site, and some will end up getting stuck on the site and there's a good way to have some help.

This is a thread you can post at forums (OTHER THEN HF. Also if you see it on a forum already, don't post it again. We all know how much we hate when people do that kind of stuff.

Preview:

Code format for all of you of the thread.

Code:
[align=center][img]http://www.supportforums.net/images/support/logo.png[/img][/align]
Above add your referral link.

Hello! I am [insert username] and I am a member over at this site called supportforums. Over there the main purpose is to provide good advice for people that have problems, or pretty much anything else you could ask of them!

We have a wide verity of other things you may be interested in over there. Here are a few of them!

[color=#FFA500][b][u]Coding support:[/color][/u][/b]

Coding support consists of Visual Basic and the .NET Framework, PHP The Hypertext Preprocessor, Python Programming Language, Programming with C++ , Ruby and Ruby on Rails, Java Programming, Perl Programming Support, and Database Programming supports.

[color=#FFA500][b]Webmaster Support[u][/color][/u][/b]

This section consists of the following support:

Website Development
-W3C Validation

Money Making Online
-Referral Postings

Forum Software Help
-Community Management

Website Reviews and Showcases

Domaining

Web Hosting

SEO, Marketing, and Website Promotion

Web Server Support and Setup Help

[b]Then we have more misc things you can talk about such as:[/b]

[color=#FFA500][b][u]Graphic Design and Tutorials[/color][/u][/b]

Show off your graphic skills to SF users here. We have photoshop tutorials, signature graphics, and more in this section. Please no ripping.

[color=#FFA500][b][u]Video Gaming[/color][/u][/b]

For discussions related to video games we have this special forum. Talk about new games, system, or even cheats here. Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii are all great subjects for this area.

[color=#FFA500][b][u]Creative Writing[/color][/u][/b]

For those who write poetry, rap lyrics, short stories and other creative writing works we want you posting in this forum. Topics include grammar, reviews of writing, and story ideas.

[color=#FFA500][b][u]Healthy Living and Lifestyle[/color][/u][/b]

For healthy living, eating diet and exercise we offer you this support area. Being a physically healthy human being is just as important as being mentally healthy.

[color=#FFA500][b][u]Pets and Animals[/color][/u][/b]

This is a support and discussion area for those with pets and animals they care for. Topics include caring and feeding of dogs, cats, birds, lizards, and fish. Show off pics too of your favorite pet.

[color=#FFA500][b][u]Autobody, Mechanical, and Car Help[/color][/u][/b]

If you need some assistance with your vehicle we are happy to do what we can. Post your favorite automobile images or just talk about cool cars in here. Get help with changing oil or checking an engine light code.

[color=#FFA500][b][u]Academic, School, and Homework Help[/color][/u][/b]

Achieve better grades and become smarter in our academics forum. Get homework answers, math help, or just discuss school.

We are excited to see new members and we hope that you come here soon! Don't hesitate to come here, because we are always looking for more fun people to talk to! :)

This is my final thought that I may do.

Brochures. I might make a printable brochure that you guys could post somewhere around neighborhoods etc. I might make them to put in my school. I'm not too sure yet, but it's a good idea. If anyones interested in helping me with this, PM me.
My informational thread on how to become HQ
[Image: 3af27e76.png]
"An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind"
Definitely going to do this Robbie. Those really are some great ideas.
[Image: iTijPACh1qYlA.png]
Personal Blog | Forever and Always <3 Mell
(10-06-2010, 05:46 PM).//Xypher Wrote: Definitely going to do this Robbie. Those really are some great ideas.

Thanks buddy.. the thread one took the longest, but I really am considering the brochure one.
(10-06-2010, 05:11 PM)Robbieava Wrote: If you are on forums where people are asking for advice, do not tell them to just come here. It makes you seem like some ridiculous spammer and for the most part, they wont check it out. Give them some enlightening advice of your own and then say that you would advise to get some more great advice like that come here.

Agree. This makes the post far more meaningful and helpful to the receipient.
(10-06-2010, 05:51 PM)Eve Wrote: Agree. This makes the post far more meaningful and helpful to the receipient.

It's also such a better advertising technique. Putting the spotlight on them for it is a lot better then reaching out to a whole crowd. Kind of like music. You want to make it so that the guy in the way back of the concert had just as much of a connection as the person in the front did.

I mean honestly if someone helped me out and then linked me to a site there is more of a chance that I will go and check it out then if someone told me just to go to a site for help. Direct connection then approaching your goal of getting another person on here is a lot better then posting the sites link.
Yeah I'm down dude. Sorry I was away when you linked me. I'll do it on my forum, and a friends forum.
This forum actually has alot of potential.
Very good information Robbie. I think more people should use this. I don't frequent many forums that allow this advertising, but I'll add the ones I used to use a lot Smile
Good idea, but you shouldn't have added your referral link.

Instead you should have showed people how to add their own.

Still, thanks a lot!
(10-06-2010, 08:48 PM)Sickshot Wrote: Good idea, but you shouldn't have added your referral link.

Instead you should have showed people how to add their own.

Still, thanks a lot!

I put in red for them to add their own. Should I have made it more obvious? Huh
Very nice thread. Hopefully we'll get more members
[Image: TYzKF.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you were Admin of support forums... unusedunsued22 5 941 12-29-2017, 03:51 AM
Last Post: rasnajacob
  Bring back Support Forums! Bat Wang 5 651 01-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Last Post: tifenni
  Why would you not join Support Forums? Bat Wang 9 759 11-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Bat Wang
  Is Support Forums rather dead? Bat Wang 6 961 10-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Thomas
  Support Forums Award Question? Machine 3 587 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Cubs