Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you consider to be a successful Forum?
An original forum with many HQ members.
(10-07-2010, 01:24 AM)xHtmlPhP Wrote: An original forum with many HQ members.

Very simple. Yet quite true. Original and HQ posters. Thats about the nuts and guts.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

It needs to have many active members, always new posts and threads, and also a good admin and mods.
For me, i'd say firstly one that caters to my needs, has active members, good content, mature members, friendly staff (power headed mods and admins aren't cool) and just a general nice place to be.
(10-05-2010, 02:07 PM)LMCampbell Wrote: The questions in the Title.
It just came to me when I was thinking.
But their must be different opinions of successful Forums.

?

Success is defined by the individual looking at it. Everybody has their own criteria. And there are also varying degrees to success. If the discussion board is a business it may not be successful if it's not generating income; it might be successful once it becomes ramen profitable; or it might take even more.

For just a casual, non-business, discussion board my criteria for success are simple: respectable traffic and activity showing positive trends on various metrics.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
IMHO a successful forum is where people don't have to think about this because there too busy on the forum. Smile
A successful forum is an active forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A way for your website to be successful WEBSITE TRAFFIC!! utubeboosterr 2 2,045 07-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Relapse