Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uploading Plugins to MyBB
So, hardly anyone likes the forum "out of the box." Why? We all have specific needs for our forum. The default clean install of MyBB consists of the features nearly all forums will need/want/use. The plugins are to EXTEND the functionality of the forum.

Are you wondering where to get MyBB Plugins? Well, there are many many sites all over the net.
MyBB Central This is owned by Omni. Requires a Subscription to download.
MyBB Mods This is a third party site by Pirata Nervo with both free and subscriber-only plugins.
MyBB Source. This is another third party site. This site has a lot of plugins developed by Nickman. They are mostly quality plugins. You have to purcahse with My Points. Most cost...I believe 6 My Points. To gain them you have to post in the forum. Or you can just pay the $5 to subscribe like I did and get unlimited downloads without posting.
MyBB Addons Not sure much about this site, never really used it, just know about it.
MyBB Mods This is MyBB's website. All are free and user submitted.

Ok, now, you've downloaded your plugin correct? Now you need to log into your FTP (I recommend FileZilla). Once you have done that, upload your plugin, keeping the directory in tact. It's very easy to do, you just follow the name of the folder and go to the corresponding one on the server.

Once you have done that, you need to go to your Admin CP and activate it. So log into your Admin CP now.

The initial page you log into will have a quick access on the left. About halfway down the page you will see Plugins. Click that.

Now find the plugin that you just uploaded and click Activate. Sometimes they will say Install and Activate.

Your plugin is now installed and operational. Whatever it does should take effect. Some require you to configure. These can be scattered around the Admin CP.

Make sure you read the readme.txt that should be attached. Sometimes they are readme.html. It will give plugin specific instructions and should tell you how to get to your configuration options for the plugin.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Add Pirata Nervo's site, MyBB-Plugins. Also, official MyBB plugins are now at MyBB Mods.
can you edit it? I can only do it like 64000 minutes after it's posted lol.
I added them.
Thanks eve!
Thanks for the information , it will surely help a lot of people , who are facing issues with mybb
Mad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MYBB Plugins Crystal 11 2,033 09-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Crystal
  What is your favorite mybb plugins? ELY_M 2 1,082 09-15-2011, 04:42 AM
Last Post: HaX420
  Creating Mybb Plugins Closed Account 5 1,890 09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 1,858 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays
  Question about a few plugins. DaBaws 4 1,141 03-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: DaBaws