Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DEPRESSED
(09-27-2010, 09:17 PM)Pink Floyd Wrote: You and I suffer from a similar disease. It's called motivation. And there are plenty of times in a lot of peoples life that they will lack it. It doesn't sound like you are depressed, it sounds like you are unmotivated, and it's bumming you out. This is actually a good thing. It means you can "heal" from it easier. Real depression is often not as simple to treat as motivation is. Although motivation can be extremely hard to find, it is obtainable while depression is a state of mind that we trap ourselves in. What I believe you should do, is find a cause. Find something that makes you happy, and let it host your motivation. Find more then one thing, so in case one gets damaged, you don't loose it all again. You are capable of loosing weigh. You are not that overweight, and you can fairly easily burn it off with a diet and exercise. It will go away as you grow.

Seeing other people that are in a worse position then you shouldn't make you feel better. It's good that it does not. That's a double negative. Two wrongs don't make a right. So comparing two negative things should not create a positive perspective. Instead, try focusing on how grateful you are to be in a position that you can pull yourself out of. And send good thoughts to those who would have to be lifted out of a house in a crane if they were to die in it. You can do something about this, not everyone can.

Good luck.

Thanks Pink Floyd! Your advice is very appreciated, and I have taken your key points into consideration!
FREE E-BOOK! Make Money With YouTube!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE HUNDREDS A DAY -- IT'S 100% FREE
Living life as an atheist is not living for nothing it is living free of the burden of an unproven supreme being, it is logical IMO to do so.

As to the Obesity issue it really is all mind over matter, you are probably eating habitually due to depression so I bet if you overcome the depression the weight will shed naturally.

I do not know enough to give you too much advice about the depression but it is all perception, why are you depressed? You are young, I'm assuming you are financially secure due to you being on a computer, most likely one you own, you most likely have parents, family and friends who love you, got it all man ^.^
I'm sorry if I offend you, but your "problems" seem like a joke to me. I live in constant fear of the police for something I've done, I can't think about anything else all day, and I have nightmares about it. If I get arrested, my family will learn what I have done and hate me for it. Yet all of your problems are that you're overweight and not popular at school. I wish I could worry about those things, but at the moment, they're a joke.
(09-29-2010, 06:16 AM)Zeon Wrote: I'm sorry if I offend you, but your "problems" seem like a joke to me. I live in constant fear of the police for something I've done, I can't think about anything else all day, and I have nightmares about it. If I get arrested, my family will learn what I have done and hate me for it. Yet all of your problems are that you're overweight and not popular at school. I wish I could worry about those things, but at the moment, they're a joke.

I stated in the thread that I realize how stupid my problems may seem to others who have a harder life then I do. As for you being chased down by the police, you must of done something incredibly stupid for that to happen.

I opened this thread to receive advice on MY current situation. If you want to rant about your own then do so in a separate thread. Thanks!
I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way. I was simply stating my opinion on your "problems".
I believe you are just starting to realize the new world that has been introduced to you.
You were sheltered as a child, whether it be from what happens in the world, or by the belief in god.
(09-30-2010, 10:39 AM)BrainDamge Wrote: I believe you are just starting to realize the new world that has been introduced to you.
You were sheltered as a child, whether it be from what happens in the world, or by the belief in god.

You couldn't be more wrong. I was never sheltered, and fortunately never had a religion forced upon me. Before you make assumptions about my childhood, please ba a little more careful. I never was a child.
(09-30-2010, 06:23 PM)Virtual Reality Wrote: You couldn't be more wrong. I was never sheltered, and fortunately never had a religion forced upon me. Before you make assumptions about my childhood, please ba a little more careful. I never was a child.
Well, it was more of a guess than a real idea.
Sorry.
But I went through my high-Archy of needs when I was about 6, so it's hard to understand what it would be like to be sheltered.
So I also went through what you are going through, but it was for a different reason I guess.
(10-02-2010, 11:14 AM)BrainDamge Wrote: Well, it was more of a guess than a real idea.
Sorry.
But I went through my high-Archy of needs when I was about 6, so it's hard to understand what it would be like to be sheltered.
So I also went through what you are going through, but it was for a different reason I guess.

Understandable. I think I was a little too knowledgeable then I should of been as a child. It really prevented me from enjoying the things that others could.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young, depressed, discouraged looking for advice and compassion kitsune 1 869 08-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Mimi
  I'm Depressed Kaleb 3 820 07-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Autopost
  Down and depressed gtsmith10 3 870 02-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Last Post: NunezJ
  Clinically Depressed Drug Addict with Insomnia and General Anxiety Disorder... Laxbro 1 811 09-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Ormond32176
  Heartbroken, Depressed, Life Dysthymic 7 1,448 05-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Koekert