Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic Conversion Help
Hi! My name is Sapora and I live in Texas. I decided to join a support forum because I'm converting to Catholicism by attending RCIA classes (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults).

My boyfriend is Catholic and has played a major role in my conversion. But of course my boyfriend left me a few weeks ago. I'm having a hard time going to RCIA classes, but only because it's at my boyfriend's church where he is an active member.

I'm just looking for some encouragement and even some ideas to help me disassociate my boyfriend from the Church. I love RCIA classes but the first 15 minutes always sucks and I cry, because my boyfriend was going to be my Catholic sponsor.

Thanks for your help.

P.S.
I've wanted to convert since I was a little kid but decided this would be a good time to start the process because I was dating a Catholic.
Congradulations on becoming, or going to become, Catholic! I go to church every sunday, and I must say I do enjoy it. It's only 1 hour out of your week, per week.

But may I ask why RCIA classes make you cry after 15 minutes?
Thanks! It will be a long process to convert, but I'm excited to join.

I cry because everyone shows up with their Catholic sponsor, and I'm there alone. I'll eventually find a different sponsor on my own. But it just hurts to see all the couples supporting each other.

I'm wondering if I should stop attending classes till I'm over my breakup, and perhaps try join in a few years. Or should I switch churches. I don't know if I'm overreacting. I really felt as if God was the 3rd person in our relationship, but I'm stressed and having doubts about converting at this particular time.
Think of it as this. Life takes it toll, and life goes on. Your boyfriend left, I get that but you have to stay strong, and think positive. Your boyfriend leaving you doesn't mean you should quit the conversion to becoming a Catholic.
If you see others having their sponsors, then smile.
It shows that life ain't so bad and people still care, which should make you smile and enjoy life.
Don't think about him and try to find a different sponsor fast, I know its hard alone.
Or try talking to your ex, you can still be good friends and he can still support you.

I can't say I understand much, since I have no religion and I never go to church.
Probably cuz my country doesn't really have churches like that and I have never seen the point of it.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
If it is your will, then convert. But don't weep over your ex. Find someone better.
Everything is always better in the end. If things aren't better, it isn't the end.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catholic school help Lovekara 2 321 11-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Precision