Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual TI-83
I just recently installed Ubuntu on my computer and it is very different, but I'm learning. I'm even taking a Python programming class in school.

I bought a Sidewinder X6 keyboard which has a button that automatically opens up the calculator, which I don't need unless I'm doing extremely simple math (which I can do in my head...). I can't get my real TI-84 calculator to work, so I installed Wine and a virtual TI-83. It is a bitch to browse through my virtual C-Drive to get it and I can't seem to make shortcuts for it. I found where all my keyboard shortcuts are and I can change them, but how can I change this button to open my VTI?

Sorry if that was confusing, it has been a long day at school and I'm tired.

Let me try to summarize it. I have a virtual calculator on my virtual Wine C: drive that I want to automatically open when I press a key on my keyboard. Is this possible, if so, how can I do it?

Thank you in advance. Smile
Blackhat
If you go to System => Preferences => Keyboard Shortcuts

You can add a shortcut, it will ask for a name(displayed name in your keyboard shortcuts)
And a command, which would be a command you would use to launch your TI-83 from the terminal

Let's say for notepad you could type
Code:
wine c:/windows/notepad.exe

Then you can assign the keyboard shortcut you want to assign to that command.
I just bought one of these for my son (TI-84 plus) and it was like $100. I wasn't aware emulators existed. That's cool.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(09-21-2010, 08:17 AM)Aeon8 Wrote: If you go to System => Preferences => Keyboard Shortcuts

You can add a shortcut, it will ask for a name(displayed name in your keyboard shortcuts)
And a command, which would be a command you would use to launch your TI-83 from the terminal

Let's say for notepad you could type
Code:
wine c:/windows/notepad.exe

Then you can assign the keyboard shortcut you want to assign to that command.

I tried this, but when I press the button nothing happens. Now that I think about it, this isn't a huge issue. I don't have much math homework and when I do, it's simple enough that I can do it in my head. Thanks for the help though.

(09-21-2010, 11:19 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I just bought one of these for my son (TI-84 plus) and it was like $100. I wasn't aware emulators existed. That's cool.

This is the reason why I'm not about to go and buy one. -.- They're ridiculously expensive. Luckily, my teacher lets us borrow them in school so I can just use this emulator at home. I guess I have to deal with digging through my virtual C: drive. Oh well, not that big of a deal. Smile
Blackhat
Applications > Accessories > View > One you want
Just buy the real hardware version, cant beat it.