Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fantasy Football
And yet another random post by ineed...
I don't play fantasy football, or fantasy anything for that matter, but I like reading NFL.com's Sitters/Starters list because I like to see who they think will have a big outing and who won't. I figure since I'm such a stats buff I'll do something similar. I plan to do these on my blog, but that isn't ready yet, so I'll kick it off here. I'll give 2 popular fantasy players who I think will have a good game, two who won't, and one who could go either way. Hopefully some of you who enjoy stats, too, will contribute in your replies. I really just like hearing other peoples football opinions. It's fun. As a bit of a side note, I'm a huge Bears fan, so theres a good chance I'll never put them on the bad list ;)

Who should do well this week:
Chris Johnson - The guy rushed for 2,000 yards last season, and should pick up from where he left off immediately against a defense that hasn't been solid in years (Oakland). Expect a 100+ yard performance.

Philip Rivers - Everyone knows Philip Rivers is a gunslinger, and playing the rival Chiefs on Monday night, he should have no problem passing through their secondary. Even though he has lost his star running back and one of his many targets, that shouldn't be a problem. Expect a 4 touchdown performance.

Who won't (probably):
Brett Favre - I'm not sure how Thursday games work out in fantasy land, so don't hate if I be straight trippin'. Favre got knocked on his ass (and ankle) 20 times in the NFC Championship Game against the Saints, and will probably do the same tonight. His ankle is sore, his career is over, and with Who Dat Nation backing the defense, expect him to make mistakes. He's also missing Sidney Rice, which should be noted.

Ladanian Tomlinson - LT is suiting up with his new team, the Jets, which should be interesting. What should be more interesting, however, is how the Ravens will be flocking to the line to welcome him to the big apple. We all know what a strong defense the Ravens have, even without Ed Reed, so don't expect much from the aging LT. Now, this doesn't mean that the Jets will lose. I think they still have a chance to win if Mark Sanchez can stay on his feet, and Darrelle Revis can keep Anquan Boldin on his island.

It's still 'eh':
Andre Johnson - The Colts have a great offense. The Texans have a great offense. The defenses, well, I don't know for sure which is stronger. Of course the Colts will be looked at as the better of the two, but their defense isn't all it used to be. The way I see it: Andre can either have a huge game, or have a 'meh' game. We'll have to wait and see.

So, how you like it? I know it's a bit lengthy and I got sidetracked a couple of times, but it happens. Make sure in your reply to include a player/players you think will do well or won't (and why), and tell me what you think of my picks.
(09-09-2010, 10:58 AM)ineed Wrote: And yet another random post by ineed...
I don't play fantasy football, or fantasy anything for that matter, but I like reading NFL.com's Sitters/Starters list because I like to see who they think will have a big outing and who won't. I figure since I'm such a stats buff I'll do something similar. I plan to do these on my blog, but that isn't ready yet, so I'll kick it off here. I'll give 2 popular fantasy players who I think will have a good game, two who won't, and one who could go either way. Hopefully some of you who enjoy stats, too, will contribute in your replies. I really just like hearing other peoples football opinions. It's fun. As a bit of a side note, I'm a huge Bears fan, so theres a good chance I'll never put them on the bad list ;)

Who should do well this week:
Chris Johnson - The guy rushed for 2,000 yards last season, and should pick up from where he left off immediately against a defense that hasn't been solid in years (Oakland). Expect a 100+ yard performance.

Philip Rivers - Everyone knows Philip Rivers is a gunslinger, and playing the rival Chiefs on Monday night, he should have no problem passing through their secondary. Even though he has lost his star running back and one of his many targets, that shouldn't be a problem. Expect a 4 touchdown performance.

Who won't (probably):
Brett Favre - I'm not sure how Thursday games work out in fantasy land, so don't hate if I be straight trippin'. Favre got knocked on his ass (and ankle) 20 times in the NFC Championship Game against the Saints, and will probably do the same tonight. His ankle is sore, his career is over, and with Who Dat Nation backing the defense, expect him to make mistakes. He's also missing Sidney Rice, which should be noted.

Ladanian Tomlinson - LT is suiting up with his new team, the Jets, which should be interesting. What should be more interesting, however, is how the Ravens will be flocking to the line to welcome him to the big apple. We all know what a strong defense the Ravens have, even without Ed Reed, so don't expect much from the aging LT. Now, this doesn't mean that the Jets will lose. I think they still have a chance to win if Mark Sanchez can stay on his feet, and Darrelle Revis can keep Anquan Boldin on his island.

It's still 'eh':
Andre Johnson - The Colts have a great offense. The Texans have a great offense. The defenses, well, I don't know for sure which is stronger. Of course the Colts will be looked at as the better of the two, but their defense isn't all it used to be. The way I see it: Andre can either have a huge game, or have a 'meh' game. We'll have to wait and see.

So, how you like it? I know it's a bit lengthy and I got sidetracked a couple of times, but it happens. Make sure in your reply to include a player/players you think will do well or won't (and why), and tell me what you think of my picks.

Please tell me where you got this info from? B/c I know for a fact it's not from the original source ESPN. B/c I am 1 of the few on here that play Fantasy Football. None of what you posted is from ESPN or their writers it's from a third party.
[Image: zjxhqb.png]
First to Fight Last to Leave Hoorah!!
(09-09-2010, 11:07 AM)Dcrac23 Wrote: Please tell me where you got this info from? B/c I know for a fact it's not from the original source ESPN. B/c I am 1 of the few on here that play Fantasy Football. None of what you posted is from ESPN or their writers it's from a third party.

I wrote it :o
LT sucks. Everyone had high hopes for him but he's fizzled imho.

Chris Johnson is my fantasy team RB. The guy is amazing.

I'm personally a Cowboys fan and I'm looking forward to some great football this year.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(09-09-2010, 11:16 AM)ineed Wrote: I wrote it :o

Well then your statements do not matter. Brett Farve is going to have another outstanding career this year, Who dat punks will NEVER REPEAT. Drew Brees has the John Madden curse now and it will prevent them from doing that, Plus this year you guys lost several good defensive players (Scott Fujita) plus Darren sharper is out for this game. THIS IS WHAT ESPN HAS TO SAY:

He's baaaaaaaaaaack! Equally obnoxious to his "I'm retiring, oh wait I'm not" antics was that Favre was "obnoxiously" consistent in 2009. Six games of 20-plus fantasy points, 10 of 15-plus, 12 in double digits, never went more than four games without a 20-plus performance. Sure, he's without 2009 favorite target Sidney Rice to open the year, but Favre still has oodles of weapons: Guys named Berrian, Harvin, Shiancoe, Camarillo ... His monstrous upside -- think 28-point potential like Week 17 of last year -- probably isn't present this week, but are you really going to sit this guy just because you fear the Saints might pick him off once or twice?
(09-09-2010, 11:22 AM)Omniscient Wrote: LT sucks. Everyone had high hopes for him but he's fizzled imho.

I'm personally a Cowboys fan and I'm looking forward to some great football this year.

Boo to hell with your Cowboys Nah I love me some Felix Jones. I hate Tony Romo I personally myself am a Huge 49ers fan and Colts fan. I do have to disagree on LT, Yeah he might have faded just a bit but Expect to see him break out for some long runs this year with his new team. The Jets have 1 of the best offensive lines in the league. @ Omni Also the reason why LT has faded quite a bit is b/c the man was always getting hurt or having bad concussions. Which can take a toll on anyone Hell just look at what happened to Kurt Warner in the Playoffs.
(09-09-2010, 11:22 AM)Omniscient Wrote: LT sucks. Everyone had high hopes for him but he's fizzled imho.

It's looking up to be an awesome year. And I wish I could say something good for LT, but there isn't much to say about him now. I just wonder what he'll do, it seems too early for him to retire.
(09-09-2010, 11:24 AM)Dcrac23 Wrote: Well then your statements do not matter.

Well, not to be rude, but If you don't like my statements because you disagree with them I'm fine with that, but if you don't like them because their not written by ESPN, then it's kinda... douchey. But whatever, go ahead and start Favre... Whistle
(09-09-2010, 11:30 AM)ineed Wrote: It's looking up to be an awesome year. And I wish I could say something good for LT, but there isn't much to say about him now. I just wonder what he'll do, it seems too early for him to retire.

IMHO they should use him on goal line situations and let him bang it in. They could pull a Saints and Bring Back duece mccalister just to give him a ring so he could retire as a Saint. Really and truly I think that's what they are doing with him.
(09-09-2010, 11:33 AM)Dcrac23 Wrote: IMHO they should use him on goal line situations and let him bang it in. They could pull a Saints and Bring Back duece mccalister just to give him a ring so he could retire as a Saint. Really and truly I think that's what they are doing with him.

I don't really see fault in that. If I played in the NFL and had a great long career with one team then left, I'd like to come back to retire with them.
But I like the Saints. Drew Brees is a really down to earth guy, not to mention a great qb, and the passion the team and fans have is just unmatchable.
Omni, you should really make a sports section, probably as an add-on to this section.
Gosh you have some nice info on these guys Ohmy
My informational thread on how to become HQ
[Image: 3af27e76.png]
"An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind"
[quote='Robbieava' pid='116558' dateline='1284060673']
Gosh you have some nice info on these guys Ohmy
[/quote/]really he's just stating his opinion of them. Try looking at what ESPN has to say about these guys. But anyways back on topic LT should just be in goal line situations ONLY. That way the man Never really gets hurt. The jets really have just as good of a chance as anyone else has right now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Football Supporter? Fragma 4 552 01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Any fantasy football advise? pantherspwn 2 540 10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Dcrac23
  Fantasy Football Who you got? Dcrac23 9 1,847 09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Last Post: ineed
  what football team do you support?(if you like it) matt_mybb_import3694 28 2,162 03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Trinit
  Football? Socrates 11 1,789 12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Grizzly