Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rule Suggestion
This suggestion is for a new rules is going to be about our reputation system.

On Support Forums, are community is mature and sensible for the most part. Our posts are almost all high quality and we respect and listen to each other.

With this in mind why can't we take the same approach to the reputation system.

Ultimately reputation is a way for one member to give a positive or negative comment on a another member.

Because our user base is mature and sensible then I think that when a user gives a reputation (especially negative) then they should at least list the reasons and give the feedback they're repping.

We allow anonymous reputation which means the excuse of they don't want to get flamed or minus repped back is no longer valid.

The rule to be added:

When giving negative reputations you are required to provide a valid reason. How else can a user take your criticism on-board and improve?

Discuss~
I agree. 'Muahaha' is not a valid reason. -.-
The decision is entirely Omniscient's.
The rule you are trying to implement is currently a rule on Hackforums.

And trust me, without it, it would not be good. -.-
Thanks for your views and opinions.
I,m strongly agree with your opinion on New Reputation System , Because the day before yesterday somebody anonymously -rep me saying that "I don't like your attitude" . WTF , now to whom should i complain about it .. this is not fair
Mad
I think the reasons for -repping people need to be more valid. Look at Heli0s for example.
Yep, I agree, I'm not really obsessed with rep, though. Not saying that you are, either!
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
I can completely understand when people get -rep'd by people who have negative opinions about them. That means that you've obviously done or said something that didn't sit right with somebody. That's the purpose of the rep system, but to -rep somebody stating they said or did something that isn't true and didn't happen is totally foul play. Since this forum is all about helping people and getting to know one another, why is it that anonymous negative -reps even exist? Positive ones are fine, but if we're being -rep'd by somebody, we should be able to see who it is so that we can talk it out and come to an agreement about why the -rep was implemented and/or how it can be overturned. Otherwise, in my opinion, it's completely unfair.

Look at me, for example. I got -rep'd because somebody didn't like the music I listen to. Completely irrational and uncalled for by the person who left it, but I just have to accept it because that's an opinion by somebody who, for his/her own reasons, wants to remain anonymous. An act of cowardliness, I say.

Just recently, I was -rep'd for posting installs here (Thank you, Nemmy, for bringing it up on this thread earlier). I mean, come on, people. First and foremost, I don't even know what an install is. Secondly, I've been inactive for nearly a month due to personal reasons and vacation time. Now, I'm back and I see a big anonymous -rep saying I'm posting installs. Contacted Omni about it and he said it was "of little importance." If I was complaining about somebody's opinion, or how somebody was treating me, or if I made an inappropriate comment and I offended somebody, I could understand why my request was ignored. In that case, it's completely my fault. But in this case, I haven't done anything wrong. I'm left to suffer because of some random newbie with too much time on his hands just reached 100 posts and decided to -rep somebody.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
We're not going to spend our time being reputation babysitters.

Quote:When giving negative reputations you are required to provide a valid reason.

What's the point of that? It's not going to prevent them from giving you a neg rep. It will only force them to change the reason. I would be more worried about a valid reason neg rep than something that's nonsense like "muahahaha". Anyone reading that would dismiss it instead of "gives really bad advice and doesn't have the maturity level to be helpful".
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rule Questions #Nix 5 1,677 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Rule 7. Katz 1 591 12-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Skill
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,384 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,794 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  [SUGGESTION] MOTM [/SUGGESTION] Sam 21 3,149 08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Sam