Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XP To Linux
YES, go to linux, linux is awesome (:
[Image: 2laa4ac.png]
Wine is not an emulator
I'm currently running on Linux Mint and have been for about 4 months now. I really enjoy it. If you need any assistance feel free to PM me.
(08-19-2010, 01:48 PM)Taniel Wrote: I wanted to install Win7, but something went wrong and I couldn't do it. So, I'm thinking about switching to Linux. I've only had Linux once and couldn't get used to it so I switched back. The only reason why I want it now is because I'm tired of Windows XP. It's so tasteless and boring.

However, I still want to keep some of my Windows programs.

For example, I have several bots that I want to keep but I doubt that they would run on Linux. Also, I know for a fact that LogMeIn does not work on Linux and I use that A LOT. Those are really the only things I need. I can use Pidgin and Google Chrome so there's nothing else I really need.

Can anyone help me out? (Don't say dual-boot because I HIGHLY doubt my computer can handle TWO operating systems)

EDIT: I installed Ubuntu on my computer, I love it so far. Smile
Ubuntu is kinda good. Did you even tried Fedora?
linux mint possibly?
(09-01-2010, 03:27 PM)Buffy Wrote: There's an Open Source, Linux oriented alternate version of whatever you need or want to use while you're on your Linux box. If you Google, you shall find.

What he said...
and to OP what kind of bots are you saving (metus?)
I am trying to make a linux server (host booter) that has windows clients (bots)

if im succusful I can pm it to you if you like?
slowly getting better
I suggest you just fully format and delete the Windows XP than safely transfer it to Linux. But be careful!
I think I might install linux on my spare laptop.