Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domain wont propagate
I'm having a real problem getting my domain to change to my new name server.

I'm trying to change my name servers too my new host, PipeDNS says that it will take up to 48 hours to propagate. It's been 3 days and still no change.

Can anyone help?
Have you tried contacting them?
Get my avatars here.
URL?
It will not take that long. There is a problem!
Have you tried flushing your DNS locally with start run flush:dns or whatever the command was?
Both name-servers added?
Host has domain associated with it correctly from CPanel or whatever control you use?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Ok I've just changed my name servers properly. Now I can't log-in using my new url. I can only log-in if I use the IP. I've changed the boards domain and the cookie but to no prevail.
If you have windows, you can flush your local DNS cache by typing the following in the command prompt:
ipconfig /flushdns

Go to intodns.com and type in your domain name. See if you get any errors, and post them here.
This problem has been resolved.
If you run into this again you can client side bypass the propagation by editing the host file in your system32 folder.
(11-23-2010, 08:40 PM)Guest Wrote: Alright, did the 'Support' get removed from SupportForums?
You're not a good Emotional Helper.
When propogating domains remember that your pc and the server cache the DNS. Your pc if not restarted will sometimes continue to keep the dns at the old ip till you dns flush or restart.
This problem was fixed ages ago.
Double check that you saved the correct nameserver settings and maybe try switching webhosts or contacting your current webhostin company to see whats wrong.