Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All Windows - How to Re-Enable Taskmgr, Regedit, more to come!
Sometimes viruses or something can disable task manager, regedit, and some more I will do research on.

I often see people making threads about this elsewhere, so I decided to post this here, because I'm cool like that Cool
  • Go to start > run
  • Type the following command and hit enter
    Code:
    REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

To re-enable Regedit:
    • Click Start -> Run. Type this command in Run box and press Ok.

Code:
      REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0
    • When a prompt opens and says:
      Quote:Value DisableRegistryTools exists, overwrite (Y/N)?
      Type in yes and hit enter
    • After typing yes type this into start > run box as well

Code:
      REG add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0
    • It then prompts you with:
      Code:
      Value DisableRegistryTools exists, overwrite (Y/N)? Put in 'yes' and hit enter again
    Regedit is back >Smile

To re-enable command prompt:
    • Navigate to start > run >
    • Copy / Paste the following code:
      Code:
      REG add HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System /v DisableCMD /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    • Hit enter, and it's back Cool
    I only used sources for the codes, made the rest my own ^o^
This is a great resource, those types of viruses are rather nasty.
Thanks for the feedback Smile
(08-13-2010, 07:54 PM)ReaLiTy Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Smile

Great tutorial, quite a few viruses disable cmd and task manager so this will help alot. Smile
Bookmarked , thanks for information because it happens to me several times , Now i got it how to fix those issues
Mad
Oh wow very nice. What I usually just do to fix it all is use taskmanager to run Explorer.exe if I ever have a problem But Not having taskmanager could definitely be bad. Thanks for the tutorial that explains how to get this back.
Thanks for resouces Smile
To protect your PC from virus attack, contact onlinerepairworld.com. If your computer slows down or it behaves in an abnormal manner or it doesn’t reboot in an automatic manner then it is to be understood that it is due to virus attack. The technical team of onlinerepairworld.com possesses profound knowledge in this matter and thus would be able to help you. Their added service includes a call after 15 days to query about the smooth functioning of PC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prominent's how to enable task manager manually Prominent 10 2,641 09-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Barack Obama