Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me think of a domain?
(08-18-2010, 06:37 AM)Fragma Wrote: To start off I plan on writing up an Application Form template for users to apply for an invitation. Once the forum has a good amount of members and activity (Perhaps around 300-500 members), I will give members the option to invite 1 friend every few weeks. Obviously this won't stop all skids from coming onto the forum but I hope it will turn away most.

Maybe it will be succesfull, maybe not. I can always remove invitation only registration if it doesn't go as planned.

Actually, I am pretty sure it will be successful.

The reason behind that is that usually when forums fail, it's either the topic they're covering has already been covered by a (better) forum, or their members are come-and-go members (which are the ones that usually register to get access to content); or well in some cases, the forum just sucks.

Programming, alone, isn't covered too much. Not as much as forums that are about computing in general. That itself will get you a bunch of hits.
The forum being invite-only will increase the number of quality posts, and quality members. Quality members rarely leave forums; or else, well, why would they spend their time making quality posts if they know that they're gonna be leaving the forum sooner or later.

So, in my opinion, you have yourself quite a good forum that will most likely succeed.

As for the domain, I suggest something like "Programmology".

Good luck Smile
Hope you like my :

DarkCoders
SecretCoders

Thanks.
[Image: zyipzq.png]
programmingways.com

hoping your going to be great Smile
Th3Cod3rs.net Good luck on selecting your domain mate!
That's really weird,Ninja
codingcave.net hope you like it mate Tongue
My profession, you can call me a pothead, 'nuff said