Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Parents Fault
Hi guys read this article on how an obese child's parents could be guilty of neglect.

Do you think it's the parents or the child's fault? Share your views and opinions!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jul/16...en-neglect
Is it really the parents fault if they buy the kid the foods they want and the kids refuse to participate in sports etc to counteract that?
Well if the child point blank refuses to eat properly or exercise and creates hell for the parents... Maybe there is an element of fault with the misbehaving child. However the ultimate responsibility lies with the parents.
(08-08-2010, 03:54 PM)Sam Wrote: Well if the child point blank refuses to eat properly or exercise and creates hell for the parents... Maybe there is an element of fault with the misbehaving child. However the ultimate responsibility lies with the parents.

Honestly in this day and age kids 11 or older should take responsibility for their own health in that area. You can eat anything and stay a healthy weight with the proper exercise.
Then do you approve of these parents being convicted for neglect?
100% disagree with it, if the kid is old enough to worry about being fat, he can take care of it himself, exercise is free.
I concur. Anyone else have any views on this article?..
This is absolutely stupid in my point of view, they will next be arrested for not feeding their children enough.
Well it was probably their fault in the start. If they were strict and never gave their child junk food maybe he would eat healthier. Only reason little kids only eat junk food and refuse to eat anything else is because you provide it to them way too much and give it to them when they cry. If they get to eat whatever they want they're obviously going to be obese.

In my opinion they shouldn't have the right to take away their child due to their weight. It's really not their choice.
[Image: HJmbY.gif]
In my opinion,
It's both , but mostly the parents.

The parents purchased the fatty foods etc which contribute to the obesity of the child
& they probably over-feed them alot.

The children are at fault too for not wanting to quit eating unhealthy foods and over-eating.
I know people that were fat then decided by self dicipline to eat healthy and eat at a normal pace
and get constant exercise.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Views on Fat/Overweight/Obese people. Their own fault? Bяian ♪ 45 14,853 01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Last Post: MineCrack