Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Concept of Faith vs. Science
Wow, that was really cool to read. Thanks for the share ;]
[Image: HJmbY.gif]
I agree we need faith, it just so happens I put more faith in modern science than a 7000 year old book.
I dont think this is a real convo
I for one believe in vestigial features, the proof is in evolution
this is not an intelligent argument for a professor to have with a student.

Just doesnt seem real to me, the argument of evolution versuses adam and eve was not challenged in this supposed convo the professor was going into nothingness with this .
[Image: pageviews=1]
yet again another story to keep the people questioning themselves...heres my sotry (it actually happened and wasn't written out)

me- "have you read the bible ?"
friend- "yes, why ?"
me- "do you believe in god ?"
friend- "yes, why ?"
me- " i was just wondering why god created the devil"
friend-"well if your asking what the book says then i would have to tell you that there isn't an explanation for it"
me- "then why are you basing your life off of a book with flaws ?"
friend- "because if i don't then i wont get elected again"
friend- "i hope you don't think i really believe that a man named noah built a big boat and saved 2 of every animal that eat eachother"

that was the conversation between me and the mayor
Religion is bs, study it's origins, well religion is a vast term with many meanings so let me clear myself. Organized religion, and the sects under them are bs. Christianity and islam are both founded on the ancient religion of worshiping the sun. I read and still read both the bible and koran, they're not books of faith, guidance, and stories, its a book of hidden mssgs within the text. I haven't mentioned the jews because they're faith book, the torah, is based on the old testament of the bible, so its a form of christianity, they just don't follow the new testament.

Religious fanatics, and ppl who don't question they're faith are the primary blame for all the hardships and terror that has occurred in history up to now. Why? Cause the majority of them have no knowledge of the origins, and they read the text in literal form, which is not how its suppose to be read if you know anything about the significance of these books and how they are related with the religion of worshiping the sun. All I could say is, religion is just the forefront, or in other words what "they" want you to see, know, and pride yourself in. All it does is causes chaos and conflict within groups of different faiths which is a big form of distraction if you know what I'm talking about. It's also a form of social engineering, and a science of controlling masses of ppl. If you were born and raised in the middle east, would you think or have the same faith you have now?

I may not believe in religion, or "god" but I do believe in a form a spirituality. There's just questions science can't answer, cause deep inside I just know its deeper then explanation.

Science on the other hand is.. idk what to say about science, I'm not of liberty to discuss it since my quest for truth hasn't lead me to finding out more about it. I do know that the science we're taught in school/university is limited knowledge of what really matters in terms of nature and beyond our nature, there's just things the public will not know.

Unlike religion, the origins of science is more a mystery for instance; who was the first man, or first group of men to think, observe, and experiment "scientifically", the same with arithmetic. Why is they're viewpoints the basis of how we look at science today? My mind just goes off sometimes, idk if I'm making sense. I always lose myself in my thoughts. NVM.

Anyways here's the definition taken from. "Webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary, Second Edition";

Science: the state or fact of knowing-
a branch of knowledge or study concerned with establishing systemization facts, principles and methods-
systematized knowledge derived from observation, study, and experimentation carried on in order to determine the nature or principles of what is being studied.

But in my own personal opinion science isn't everything.
Birth: beginning of knowledge.
Institutionalized education: why?
More institutionalized education: why?..
Higher learning: wtf??
Society: who are they?
Work: I get it sorta but... why?
Materialism: cool.. but uh is that all?..
Am I personally going to subject myself?: no. am i forced? yes..
Friends/fam: ohh, you exist too..
Science/religion: yea......so...you say you have answers..correct?
Spirituality/nature: hmm..intriguing.
In the meantime: fudge, sleep, eat, other..
The sum of it all: we dk.
Death: the end.
I apologize for my crudeness, but you didn't link the whole story. there's another part (the ending part) that is missing.
Really true story. I thought myself what a smart guy, even before I saw his name.

nice one! I love it! haha I would love to share this but with permission from you please Smile
[Image: qoxy8.png]
(09-24-2010, 02:20 AM)saint.slacker Wrote: nice one! I love it! haha I would love to share this but with permission from you please Smile

It isn't his property. You can distribute it as much as you please.
Everything is always better in the end. If things aren't better, it isn't the end.
Yeh i dont belive it happend either, sorry Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I get my sister to understand the concept of time and responsibility? Hettie 0 515 04-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Hettie