Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling back to XP??
Hey guys,

Brought the new acer aspire one netbook.

Had XP home on it and i instantly installed a copy of windows 7 ultimate i got from a err "friend" anyway something tells me i might not be able to use this copy for too much longer...

So my questions is how can i roll back to XP when i didn't receive ANY cd's with the netbook and it doesnt have a cd drive obviously... all i have is the product key sticker on the bottom basically... could i use a mates xp home cd, make an iso from it, mount it on the netbook and install with my product key again? bootable usb maybe?

Thanks in advance.
No. Using your friend's CD or an image thereof would be piracy. Go to a local computer store and just buy a copy of XP.
No way! i payed for XP when i got the netbook... Im not buying another copy! I just want to roll it back...
(10-10-2009, 05:00 PM)xion434 Wrote: No way! i payed for XP when i got the netbook... Im not buying another copy! I just want to roll it back...

It's not possible.

What makes you think that Windows 7 won't be usable for much longer?
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

You serious? Not even installing using my product key?

Because i downloaded it. No idea how legit it is...
(10-10-2009, 05:12 PM)xion434 Wrote: You serious? Not even installing using my product key?

If Windows 7 is running fine and you're happy with it, there's no need for XP.

It running excellent and im very happy with it. Just when they release it dont they make you pay for it from then on to keep using it?
Quote: You serious? Not even installing using my product key?

Hello.
No, you cannot. You have to buy a new disc.

By 'downloaded', do you mean the RC edition from Microsoft's website, or a pirated copy? Because, if it's a pirated RTM copy, then we cannot/will not assist you as it is against the rules.
(10-10-2009, 05:16 PM)xion434 Wrote: It running excellent and im very happy with it. Just when they release it dont they make you pay for it from then on to keep using it?

If you're using the BETA it will eventually stop working. (Around March, I think?)

It wasn't download from Microsoft, however unsure if its the real deal thats not detected or the RC... either way i just want to be able to get back to my legit copy of XP. Thanks for your helps guys. Looks like a new copy of it or maybe Microsoft support will work something out with me.

Cheers again. Top site btw.