Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i get my only friend to stop cutting herself?
Hello, i have a friend who cuts herself. How would i get her to stop? She is my only friend and is emo. She says she does it because its an addiction, and that she feels in control of her life that way (ya, that makes no sense to me either) I have tried many things, like hypnosis, (verbal hypnosis) but in not that good of a mentalist, and after a few hours she was emo again. Google didnt proviide an answer either. So, can anyone tell me how to get someone to stop cutting herself without her hating me (cuz i tried a relly extreme way, and it worked for a wile. i took a knive and cut deeply into my finger on msn wencam, and told her if she didnt stop i would cut my finger off. she didnt speak to me for a while, so i dont need crazy crap like that)
Have you talked to her parents, talked to a counselor, asked a teacher?
Cutting herself can lead to many serious issues, even HIV if the knife was pre-used.
Get my avatars here.
(08-05-2010, 01:15 AM)The Elite Wrote: Have you talked to her parents, talked to a counselor, asked a teacher?
Cutting herself can lead to many serious issues, even HIV if the knife was pre-used.

shes not hardcore emo like she wont cut herself with a pre used knife or something... sometimes she burns. she got a counsellor but that didnt help her. a teacher? wtf is this kindergarten? where i hafta talk to a teacher for help? dude get real... and all the teachers at our highschool are currupt ang faggots...
elephants

toodamnshort
Calm down, I'm offering help. Many teachers can help, It doesn't matter where you go. Burning herself, I'm sorry, but how the heck isn't that hardcore emo?

Hardcore or not hardcore, being an 'emo' person can cause many issues that could ruin her life, physically and mentally.
Get my avatars here.
thanks... but that dosent answer my question.....
sry about blowing there....
(08-05-2010, 01:15 AM)The Elite Wrote: Have you talked to her parents, talked to a counselor, asked a teacher?

That was a good answer to him Thumbsup

-xLnT
Way off guys.
A used knife? WTF thats a first. But valid although very obscure.
Here is my take.
2 reasons someone will cut themselves.
1) To be able to feel because of being shut out (emotionally) from loved ones. (family) <-abuse is even common here.
2) Just flat out loves pain. (thats not that bad.) Lots of tattooed people go through this.
Whats the age group?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

and i answered back. that dosent get me anywhere in terms of how to get her to stop. im not asking where to get help, it didnt work. im asking how to get her to stop (without having to cut my thumb again, thats not a good idea)
(08-05-2010, 01:25 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Way off guys.
A used knife? WTF thats a first. But valid although very obscure.
Here is my take.
2 reasons someone will cut themselves.
1) To be able to feel because of being shut out (emotionally) from loved ones. (family) <-abuse is even common here.
2) Just flat out loves pain. (thats not that bad.) Lots of tattooed people go through this.
Whats the age group?
agegroup is 14-15ish

1) she says she feels shut out, but we all know its bs (me and all her other freinds) (infact her friends dont even care anymore about it, they are sick and tired) and 2) i dunno... mabe she does, but thats not why. i can say though, she;s got alot more balls them me to do some of the crap she did.
Shut out emotionally?
Family crap no doubt. See a doctor is my advice.
I assume we are talking under 16 here?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(08-05-2010, 01:30 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Shut out emotionally?
Family crap no doubt. See a doctor is my advice.
I assume we are talking under 16 here?

yes read up.
i can tell you its not family crap, that much i know. Shes doing it for attention and we all know it. it got to the point where its rediculous.
that was yhour 888th post! lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have to kick my friend out Thefirstlady 1 834 08-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Mimi
  Need help helping a friend Josh H. 4 1,268 09-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Good vibes
  Need help for a friend xEpicTaco 1 540 08-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Someone close to me is cutting themselves! illest 1 538 03-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Last Post: justagirl
  Girl + Friend Problems AgroWarrior 0 473 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM