Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threatened Online
I was threatened online about 11 weeks ago or so. The person said they had access to all my real life information, phone number etc. They seem like they're dangerous online and offline, you know what I mean? It's been a while, and they told me to never contact them again, which I obviously haven't, or consequences will happen.

It's been 11 weeks, nothing HAS happened, although I'm still continuously scared.

They said they got my IP and traced it, then went on from there. Should I be worried?
It's all talk. Make sure he proves something.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

I don't plan to contact him again.
You are about to be killed, I suggest to run for your life. Take a backpack and fill it with some money and clothes and run! /sarcasm

It's just talk seriously don't believe that crap. And with IP you can't trace where someone lives 100% only what area. For example my IP states that I live in a town that is a 5 minute car ride from the real town where I live.

A IP doesn't give more than a location that is never 100% correct. The only way he could get your info is if they bribe your IPS or got some high tech tools and information Tongue.
The possibility of having your private information accessed against your wishes is unpleasant, so I can understand your discomfort.

They can't have obtained all that information from having your IP address, though. An IP doesn't identify a house address, only an ISP can do so. Most information can be sourced online through people search engines, which triangulate data from contact details, social networks and public directories. Keep your information private and you will be less likely to worry about these threats.
You say you contacted him clearly yes?
"and they told me to never contact them again"
Either you contacted them in some capacity so you can deal with this properly or i miss read.
If so sorry.
If you want my opinion. Someone wanting to do you harm online and had any intelligence about then would not let you know in advance.
Thats sort of like a poker face. There all but telling you they dont have what they say.
Should you get in contact with them again though. Dont reply. Dont turn off if your online.
Just copy paste it. Copy paste your netstat info. Log times etc. Get your ISP involved.
This sort of thing if its real is not acceptable. People who bully in any capacity should be dealt with accordingly.
Im sick and tired of bullies! Not that i was. Just that i see others now days and it shitts me. <-Play on words to get through stupid word filter.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(08-05-2010, 01:40 AM)Eve Wrote: The possibility of having your private information accessed against your wishes is unpleasant, so I can understand your discomfort.

They can't have obtained all that information from having your IP address, though. An IP doesn't identify a house address, only an ISP can do so. Most information can be sourced online through people search engines, which triangulate data from contact details, social networks and public directories. Keep your information private and you will be less likely to worry about these threats.

I've made sure that I have secured my private information, I've checked and it is all secure.

(08-05-2010, 01:44 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: You say you contacted him clearly yes?
"and they told me to never contact them again"
Either you contacted them in some capacity so you can deal with this properly or i miss read.
If so sorry.
If you want my opinion. Someone wanting to do you harm online and had any intelligence about then would not let you know in advance.
Thats sort of like a poker face. There all but telling you they dont have what they say.
Should you get in contact with them again though. Dont reply. Dont turn off if your online.
Just copy paste it. Copy paste your netstat info. Log times etc. Get your ISP involved.
This sort of thing if its real is not acceptable. People who bully in any capacity should be dealt with accordingly.
Im sick and tired of bullies! Not that i was. Just that i see others now days and it shitts me. <-Play on words to get through stupid word filter.

I contacted him, that's when the threat occurred, we maintained contact for about 20-30 minutes later, than nothing, just, nothing at all. Nothing has happened and I'm starting to think it was a lie or they weren't risking it.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.
Good luck with this Guest.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Thanks a lot DAMINK, I appreciate your help.
It has been 11 weeks, quit worrying man, 99% chance it's all talk.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My father threatened to cut me off powerindependence 5 1,272 06-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: truckgirl5512
  I was threatened and "bullied" Infinity∞ 1 627 04-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Life threatened Kom 20 3,007 08-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Last Post: WhosYourDaddy