Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupation help
Hello SF,
I created this thread so that I can hear other`s opinion about what occupation would be good for me. Because I have many interests and don`t know which to excel. I`m 13 years old if this helps, and not an native english speaker.
I learn programming with python, which seems like easy to me. I don`t know if programming is a good occupation/well paid one, that`s why I made this tread.
I am interested in physics and I know that is a very good occupation, but will succeed if I go for it?
Astronomy is something that I`m interested too, and It`s like physics: hard but well paid. What is special about it is that I have learned all the spectral types by heart, only because it was just interesting.
Right now I think that I`m talking to serious people, please don`t dissapoint me and help me choose my occupation.

-FibSaSk
Dude you're only 13, you don't need to decide your occupation for a long time. And physics isn't an occupation, it's a subject. I'm pretty sure programming is a well paid occupation and since technology advances every day, especially computers, it would be a good field to go into. I don't think astronomy would be as rewarding unless you truly love it.
(08-03-2010, 01:51 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Dude you're only 13, you don't need to decide your occupation for a long time. And physics isn't an occupation, it's a subject. I'm pretty sure programming is a well paid occupation and since technology advances every day, especially computers, it would be a good field to go into. I don't think astronomy would be as rewarding unless you truly love it.

By saying physics I mean stuff like quantum mechanics etc.
What age should I have decided?
Thanks for fast response by the way.
Yeah bro your too young to choose/think to hard about jobs.
Just finish middle school, then in high school start thinking about what you want to do. I guarantee you that you won't want to do the same thing. Give it some time bro..
[Image: travy.png]
(08-03-2010, 01:56 PM)FibSaSk Wrote: By saying physics I mean stuff like quantum mechanics etc.
What age should I have decided?
Thanks for fast response by the way.

I'm 17, about to be a senior in highschool, and still am not 100% sure if I'm even going to college. I mean, if I did go to college I'm pretty sure that I'd go for Networking or Information Technology or something, but there may be other things in life that I'd want to do instead. You don't even have to know what you want to do for an occupation while you're in college. They have degrees/courses for general studies for people who haven't decided yet. Take your time, experience new things and see what you like. You won't want to force yourself to choose early and end up regretting it.
Try doing what i am and trying to get into tech stuff, talk to your Guidance Councilor about Votech, It has many fields to offer.
[Image: Untitled-10-2.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  decided what my dream occupation is Hell Kaiser 31 4,087 07-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Technology