Poll: Can you crack your sternum?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
3 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you crack your sternum?
Does any of your guys' sternum crack? I've done some research and it doesn't seem to be a bad thing...it actually feels good too.
Apparently there are joints connecting your ribs to your sternum so that's why it happens.
I just pull my shoulders back and it'll crack sometimes.
Some also say it happens because their chest muscles are stronger than their back muscles, I think this might be the case with me.
No I can't crack my sternum but I would imagine it wouldn't be good for you :l
I can crack: Jaw, back, neck, knee, ankle, fingers, and toes.
[Image: travy.png]
I do it all the time. Funny thing is my wife used to make fun of me when I did it and said how weird it was. Then one day last year she heard hers crack and was like WTF. Now hers cracks regularly.

When I was younger it didn't crack but after breaking my ribs a couple times it's not regularly cracking. A good stretch before I go to bed and SNAP.

I crack my neck, fingers, knees, wrists, shoulders and toes regularly.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I like cracking my fingers, arthritis here I come! Big Grin
(08-03-2010, 02:50 PM)Sam Wrote: I like cracking my fingers, arthritis here I come! Big Grin

You don't even get arthritis from cracking your fingers, our parents just tell us that so we won't do it Glare lol
(08-03-2010, 03:15 PM)Xactlysin Wrote: YEa i can crack everything!

Everything? lol
i really not sure have tried lol. i pop my back / neck / knees/ fingers/ toes/ shoulders/ wrists
I can crack mine in the morning when I wake up. Tongue
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I only crack my neck, back, fingers and knees. ^.^
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_cracking_..._arthritis

No athritis but it still doesn't sound very good.

Quote:There have been a few studies to see whether or not cracking knuckles caused arthritis. None have found that there was an increase of arthritis among knuckle-crackers; nevertheless, a relationship was discovered between knuckle-cracking, hand swelling and lower grip strength, damage to ligaments surrounding the joints and dislocation of tendons.

The conclusion of the studies indicated that while knuckle-cracking was not associated with arthritis, it was associated with damage to ligaments that surround the joint and dislocation of tendons. There may also be a connection with soft tissue injuries.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.