Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P90X Workout & Beachbody Insanity Workout
Have you tried any? I'm interested in trying one of them, but don't know which one to try.

I'm 16, and I have very little body fat; i'm pretty damn skinny. I'm not trying to look buff, I'm just interested in being fit, and strength ain't too bad either.

I've heard talk that P90X is too hard, but worth it. I also heard that Insanity is better, but I'm not sure which one to try. I also want my dad to try one of them, as well. He's not fat either, but all he does is pushups, treadmill, and a few weights. He doesn't want to try P90X though, because he thinks he's too old. He's about 46 or so.

What are your guys' opinions on these workouts? Have you tried any?

This is what I read:

P90X is Best For Those Looking For:
- Abs/Core
- Extreme Results

What P90X Does For You:
- Strength
- Flexibility

Insanity is Best For Those Looking For:
- Advanced Fitness
- Extreme Results
- Cardio Fat Burning

What Insanity Does For You:
- Speed
- Endurance

I still want to read everyone's opinion.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

I do my own thing, I do heavier sets and less repetitions to build muscle as opposed to toning.
I could care less how big my muscles are. I'd rather be strong with small muscles, than weak with big guns.

(08-03-2010, 11:32 AM)Cybr Wrote: I could care less how big my muscles are. I'd rather be strong with small muscles, than weak with big guns.

-.-

That builds strength as well, low weight high reps usually just build endurance/tone.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I just threw that out there because of some stuff I was just reading online. Tongue

(08-03-2010, 11:37 AM)Cybr Wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean. I just threw that out there because of some stuff I was just reading online. Tongue

My friends dad used to workout with me, he's a personal trainer so I took some pointers from him, they worked out fairly well, I saw some good results after a month or 2.
Man plans like these annoy me, wait until I release my eating and exercising guide later tonight Big Grin
Why do they annoy you?

I just find them too extreme for the average person. Most every day people haven't got time for the fitness plans and also can't follow the dietary requirements.
Well i did the p90x hardest workout and i didn't think it was to hard but it is more of cardio i think, if u want muscles do free weights
[Image: pughacking.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How often do you workout and how well do you eat? Bat Wang 2 881 10-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Bat Wang
  Best Workout method [M] 6 1,052 03-07-2012, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  Best chest workout for newbies Alexbit 6 956 11-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash
  P90X Reality 15 1,573 06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Last Post: The kid
  P90X HakkuR* 29 3,682 04-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Fresh Prince