Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awards
(10-10-2009, 10:01 AM)Etheryte Wrote: I'm sorry, but I have to disagree, I think it's a bit early for this.

Why is it? It's just an award system.. man!

I'd love to see this.
I like awards - though I've never got one =(
I don't really see a point in the awards system. On Hackforums, a user was able to buy 4+ awards without earning them. I felt that this totally destroyed the meaning of awards.
We dont need to have payments for awards. ;)
My SMF Modifications:
http://anthony.vibrantvps.com/smf
Maybe even like a subscription of our choice to something?
(10-10-2009, 03:28 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I don't really see a point in the awards system. On Hackforums, a user was able to buy 4+ awards without earning them. I felt that this totally destroyed the meaning of awards.

No it didn't. Those were to reward members for donating x amount of money to the site.

Awards would be nice, it would help you see who is helpful, who has done what, etc. Maybe not so much for us as there are quite a few of people on here I know have submitted X tutorial, helped X amount of people with a few issues, etc. But, as the site grows and we get new members, it will help identify the really helpful members. The only difference is, Omni (or anyone else he gives the ability to grant awards to) will need to actually stay up with them for it not to seem like a Good ole boys club kind of thing.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Quote:No it didn't. Those were to reward members for donating x amount of money to the site.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. Yes, there was a 'donor' award, which I have no problem with. I'm talking about when de.bug (Schizophrenic, as he was later called) bought 4+ awards from Omni for $50. There was a large thread about it in the Rules section about 5 months ago.
Ahhhhh, yeah, I forgot all about that. Thats a good point.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Yes I'll add it soon.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-10-2009, 07:26 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Yes I'll add it soon.

Cool, looking forward to it. Thumbsup
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Establishment Awards creators have revealed 11 more prominent enormous name arbitrato lioscar 0 559 02-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: lioscar
  Awards Katz 7 1,443 12-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  More awards? DAMINK™ 36 8,954 09-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Awards Canoris 10 2,060 01-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Awards Now Setup Omniscient 58 14,682 12-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Last Post: NekoChan