Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FML
So I'm trying to write a story for fun.
Its really going to be good and I'll be sure to post it for you guys later on but I got a plot line and everything but I just don't get how to do the first chapter.
The first chapters are always a bitch for me. Mad I can do everything from then on as long as I got chapter one done and out of the way.

Suggestions for getting chapter one done? Confused
BTW I'm kinda working backwords; I have the ending but not the beginning as much. Its just how I write I guess. Smile
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= blue_social@hotmail.com
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
Free DOXing Service
Everyone has their own styles of writing, do what you feel comfortable with and feel like you can achieve most with.

For Chapter 1, set the scene. Give details for the place, time, information about the characters and roles. Basically, just make the background of the story.
Just try to clear your head and write.
(07-24-2010, 12:34 AM)Clay Wrote: Everyone has their own styles of writing, do what you feel comfortable with and feel like you can achieve most with.

For Chapter 1, set the scene. Give details for the place, time, information about the characters and roles. Basically, just make the background of the story.

Trying that I guess.
I'll start Monday. When NO ONE is home. Thumbsup
Thanks. Victoire
Free DOXing Service
Go exercise in some form or another, then eat and have a hot shower. Afterward sit down and write.
The first chapter of a story is usually some sort of introduction, try to introduce the main character(s), set the scene & give a general feel of the story. First impressions always count, so try to make it a good one. Put alot of time, thought & good vocabulary in there. Good luck!
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

(07-30-2010, 03:17 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Go exercise in some form or another, then eat and have a hot shower. Afterward sit down and write.

Would that really even help?
I guess I'll try that???? Huh
(07-31-2010, 10:28 AM)General Wrote: The first chapter of a story is usually some sort of introduction, try to introduce the main character(s), set the scene & give a general feel of the story. First impressions always count, so try to make it a good one. Put alot of time, thought & good vocabulary in there. Good luck!

Yea I'm just horrible at intros.
I'm going to go read a Dean Koontz book or something.
Free DOXing Service
(07-31-2010, 01:25 PM)Blue_Social Wrote: Would that really even help?
I guess I'll try that???? Huh
(07-31-2010, 10:28 AM)General Wrote: The first chapter of a story is usually some sort of introduction, try to introduce the main character(s), set the scene & give a general feel of the story. First impressions always count, so try to make it a good one. Put alot of time, thought & good vocabulary in there. Good luck!

Yea I'm just horrible at intros.
I'm going to go read a Dean Koontz book or something.

I am aswell, I find it to be one of the hardest parts. Just open notepad, and do some drafting for an hour or so. When you've done your drafts, read over them, get the best bits & put them together to make your intro. That's what I tend to do when it comes to stories/intros bro. Good luck. Smile
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thanks General! Thumbsup
Free DOXing Service
I'm not the only one! I come up with the ending first too.
[Image: electricdreamswithborde.png]