Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good way to detect a trojan on your computer
Ok so i recently got infected and it killed my task manger so what i did was i got the portable task manger which can be found if searched on google.I open the portable task manger and it shows me the processes that are opening at the bottom of your portable task manger are the NEW tasks that have been running and most liky if you have more than two process like for example you have explorer.exe and one day you open a program and it was backdoored and it injected into your task manger as explorer.exe which means if you have two explorer.exe running on your computer its a virus and i would kill the task and start hunting it down.Since the person who infected me was dumb i was able to do a system restore and i was not infected any more!

So always check for any suspicious process running in your task manger because you never know if its fake!!

Once you killed the task make sure to get a anti virus removal like anti malware bytes is a good one!

If you were not able to remove it make sure everytime you start your computer up again open task manger and kill the same task as it will return once your computer has been restarted!

Hope this helped anyone good luck!
how many proccesses does chrome run? cuz i have about 5 on my task manager processes tab but all my scans run clean
~RIP Austin Blankenship/QNA~
Missed but never forgotten
If you need to re-enable task manger you go to

Start > Run > Type this:

Code:
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Also ending a virus does not always get rid of it Oui
You could also use Avast. Smile It's most powerful free software i know.
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]
[Image: 27y5zlu.png]
The names Simplicity
Get Kaspersky it rapes everything lol
(07-24-2010, 01:19 AM)Fear Wrote: Get Kaspersky it rapes everything lol

i hate kaspersky
my mom has it on her computer
~RIP Austin Blankenship/QNA~
Missed but never forgotten
(07-26-2010, 01:49 PM)bkotz Wrote: i hate kaspersky
my mom has it on her computer

It still rapes every piece of malware! Very good anti-virus!
I recommend it over anything
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(07-18-2010, 10:36 PM)bkotz Wrote: how many proccesses does chrome run? cuz i have about 5 on my task manager processes tab but all my scans run clean

You will have additional chrome.exe in task manager, for everytime you have it open, or for every new tab.
[Image: s1.jpg]
(10-24-2010, 05:22 PM)phire nuk3r Wrote: You will have additional chrome.exe in task manager, for everytime you have it open, or for every new tab.

Very true, also one or two of them are a backup process just in case one of them have over buffered their CPU Usage limit, and crash.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(07-18-2010, 10:36 PM)bkotz Wrote: how many proccesses does chrome run? cuz i have about 5 on my task manager processes tab but all my scans run clean

One process for every Chrome tab you have open.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Learn How to Detect Hidden Trojans/Viruses/Keyloggers on Your PC ₠o™ 7 3,420 04-25-2019, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Aida01