Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Online play harmful?
Hi all.
Please read carefully.

Online play is not illegal and also it doesnt harm your computer.
I been gaming on my computer for 10 years or more or less no virus's have came through via games so your safe on online gaming the only things you have got to be aware of is going on websites your unsure about or are not advertized at all. Also if your anti virus says a website is harmful for your computer and you go on it you risk a virus or trojan or malware.
As long as you have anti virus or net security u should be a'ok.
Here are the Common virus occurences:
Recently adverts/popups claiming that they can protect your computer by scanning your computer for a performence check for free, don't click on it you will get 3 or more virus's.
Also adverts and popups that claim your computer is at risk with virus's malware etc and comes up with a list,DO NOT CLICK THEM you will get malware and numerous virus's as i found out on my old laptop, But luckily AVG 8.5 saved me and blocked the whole barrage and removed the threats.In the end though something must've came through from that advert. I rekon it was the cause of the "8 bit error" in a few weeks and then destroyed my hardrdive.
I had to get my old laptop fixed and repaired.
Other ones are rogue .EXE files and some Rogue .Zip files

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What free online fps games do you play? Kharnage 17 1,555 02-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Closed