Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use the same data base for 2 things
Hey i wanted to know. Is there a way that i can use my DB for two things.

Such as an SMF forum and a Wordpress blog. So that when they register to either one of them, they don't have to register on the other one. So that they can log in on both of them with the same login information? Big Grin
If the blog and the forum have the same table name for users then maybe. May require some customisation but not a heck of a lot.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
sure you can but... make it manageable
I am your Father
Ok thank you guys for your input.

Im going to have to put them under the same DB User right?
(10-08-2009, 11:22 PM)BrainDeadFreak Wrote: Ok thank you guys for your input.

Im going to have to put them under the same DB User right?
If both use the same users yes.

Remember that there might be other columns in the database like age and location that are named differently in both, In that case you need to join those as well if you use the same database for both as stated above.

If not and both is meant for different members it is still possible just make sure that no table columns will hold the same name then.
(10-09-2009, 02:16 PM)Legion Wrote: If both use the same users yes.

Remember that there might be other columns in the database like age and location that are named differently in both, In that case you need to join those as well if you use the same database for both as stated above.

If not and both is meant for different members it is still possible just make sure that no table columns will hold the same name then.

So i just have to make sure that the tables don't overwrite each other and it should work right?
(10-10-2009, 12:27 AM)BrainDeadFreak Wrote: So i just have to make sure that the tables don't overwrite each other and it should work right?

Yes.

You might need to change parts of the code as well in which the columns are used.
just create 2 oobjecs
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
Ok thank you guys. You guys are great help!
You are always welcome
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creating and inserting data into a PHP and MySQL Database Peter L 9 4,038 03-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Haxalot