Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Do You Think Of Ubuntu
(05-06-2010, 05:51 AM)rooneyful Wrote: lol ...i dont think i am that stupid..so now...i am pretty much protected from viruses??

Keep up to date. Don't install .deb packages from sketchy sites.
It looks better than the brown versions before. I still like CentOS better because I prefer rpm's to deb's.
(05-04-2010, 11:33 PM)rooneyful Wrote: well..guys ...i am planning to do a shift to Ubuntu after ages of using Win...now guys...
"Ubuntu with Wine software installed in it is as vulnerable as windows XP when it comes to virus infection.."
now i see u all experienced user...please tell me about this..and bout the 9.1version..
thanks guys..

Don't run apps in Wine while Wine has root.
(05-24-2010, 06:15 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We take HF refugees in bulk.
Lol
Hello Yeye

Dude, come on look at that picture, it's completely awesome, i love it, but i don't have it right now, but to be honest it's awesome, ubuntu is way better then all OS's, but i'm still comfortable will vista/windows 7, i'd rather have windows, but it's still amazing.

Thank You.
Natha,
(05-31-2010, 05:29 PM)Natha Wrote: Hello Yeye

Dude, come on look at that picture, it's completely awesome, i love it, but i don't have it right now, but to be honest it's awesome, ubuntu is way better then all OS's, but i'm still comfortable will vista/windows 7, i'd rather have windows, but it's still amazing.

Thank You.
Natha,

I honestly... Agree with you here, Ubuntu appearance is just great I don't think they could make it any better personally. I love everything about it, right now I'm using a different version of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu does a great job of making Linux more intuitive for new users. I think the greatest thing about Ubuntu is their support forum. Almost any problem I had on Ubuntu was addressed on their forums. It's not only a great introduction to Linux but is great for experienced users alike. Linux has come so far since a decade ago.

As for your comment about aMSN, wills, I also wish Linux had video chat support for MSN Live Messenger. Imagine my disappointment after downloading aMSN upon reading that it had video chat on the website. I tried starting a webcam conversation, and it brought up the video and audio setup. After I finished the entire setup, it then finally decides to tell me that video chat is unavailable. Thank you, Microsoft!

Personally, apart from some software inconvenience that I overcome with a virtual machine, it's hard for me to dislike Linux. I love the "difficulties" that most new users encounter. It's a lot of fun for me to figure out solutions to my problem.
Like Corea said its more for simpler use or desktop use, as well as for beginners. However Server wise, Centos is the best bet.
Ubuntu is one of the most basic Linux OS sources...This is good for beginners...I personally use Kubuntu and CentOS as it is more advanced
Ubuntu brings me close to god...
It can do things windows cant
the only thing ubuntu cant do is
games; but games are for kids
slowly getting better
I find it awesome for various reasons.
1. It's free.
2.It has awesome GUI.
3.It upgrade much faster than Windows OS's do.
4.It is free as far as open-source is concerned.
[Image: ?uh=6167676F75726173&u3=7823656]
I love Ubuntu..
Easy to manage my work in office either at home also.
New ubuntu release with version 11.04 also help me.
Refer previous topic on : Ubuntu 11.04 | Ubuntu
AmenSan
flickr®

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ubuntu 11.04 >>Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 aminmusa 15 6,990 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  [ubuntu v=9.10]Apache2 errors[/ubuntu] jfmherokiller 10 3,629 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu Canoris 16 9,151 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Natha