Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate
(10-04-2009, 05:52 PM)Fallen Wrote: I think if portability is your main intrest you are going to want to get a netbook, and I agree I hate eeepc's keyboards. Our school has 30 of them and I cant type on the damned things >_<.

Some of them have full sized keyboards. Can't stand ones with tiny keyboards.
(10-03-2009, 09:41 PM)The Defender Wrote: I would love to get a netbook. I don't travel too much but I get around enough to make use of one. Any thoughts on the Acer Aspire One?

I've actually got one of the older Aspire Ones; the one with the round orange accents. I really like it, although if you can afford 3G wireless go for one with a built in 3G card.

I'm typing on my laptop right now, and I'm getting rid of it and building a desktop. So I will have a netbook for portability and a desktop for home.
Would have to be a laptop for me. Even though I usually don't do more than browse the web and listen to music it's nice to always have the option to do more.

Although for someone like my dad who doesn't do much on a computer I think a netbook would be better overall.
(10-03-2009, 09:22 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Fully functional laptops are still expensive, weight too much, and are still under-powered. It's my view that getting a full sized desktop accompanied with a netbook is the better value and it's usually about the same price. Why grab a laptop with even a 16" screen when you can have a desktop with a 19" at least.
I disagree. You can buy a desktop for at least 2 times the price of a netbook with a lot of features and a lot better specs. I think it really depends on what you will be using it for. I would own both if I could because I enjoy a plethora of different electronics. But as I said, all depends on what you are wanting in a computer.
I think that the netbook's screen is too small. I don't have any need for either a laptop or a netbook but oh well.
Really i think that, if you are a collage student, or need something just to type a netbook. For notes and stuff. But for the rest, do a laptop.
Netbooks are horrible IMHO. Laptops for life.
I bought an Acer netbook, it's fine for what I needed it for, but I've hardly used it.
MyBB Support Team Lead
I personally prefer netbooks over laptops, anytime. I don't imagine myself doing my daily work on anything but my desktop, but for just browsing the net and mailing on the go, netbooks are superb.
A laptop is better then a netbook, because the performance are better and the screen is bigger.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop great graphic [HELP] Miku 6 1,956 05-23-2019, 02:56 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,787 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
  Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook radushewici 2 1,729 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
  Speeding up Netbook Echelonex 11 3,515 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Viruz
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,244 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz