Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2 beautiful Leopard Gecko's.
I love these little guys, they're literally the cutest.

This one is named buddy, I couldn't think of anything else.
[Image: ii0VUKnhnLNW9.png]

[Image: jbr33al2AbIMaZ.png]

This one is named Gex, as in the old video game.
[Image: i3ecBuJuywAPt.png]

Here they are together on my lap Big Grin
[Image: izIaknozEcL55.png]
Gecko's are super cool, I was thinking of buying some, how is the upkeep?
(03-10-2012, 08:41 PM)h3x3n Wrote: Gecko's are super cool, I was thinking of buying some, how is the upkeep?

They're actually not that bad, the only issue is electricity as you have to have a heat mat constantly on. They require feeding every other day, that can get costly. They're extremely docile pets though.
(03-10-2012, 10:04 PM)iKraZee Wrote: They're actually not that bad, the only issue is electricity as you have to have a heat mat constantly on. They require feeding every other day, that can get costly. They're extremely docile pets though.
Yeah, I would think so, what do you feed them?
(03-10-2012, 10:29 PM)h3x3n Wrote: Yeah, I would think so, what do you feed them?

Their diet mainly consists of Locusts and Crickets, you do every so often need to dust these with calcium as otherwise the Gecko has no support for it's bones. You can on occasion feed them wax worms and pinky mice. With the pinky mice though, you do need to be very very careful as you can potentially kill the Gecko. They general rule when feeding Gecko's is that you don't feed them anything that has a larger width than the space in between their eyes. Obviously pinky mice go against this and that is why you have to be very careful.
(03-10-2012, 10:39 PM)Renowned Wrote: Their diet mainly consists of Locusts and Crickets, you do every so often need to dust these with calcium as otherwise the Gecko has no support for it's bones. You can on occasion feed them wax worms and pinky mice. With the pinky mice though, you do need to be very very careful as you can potentially kill the Gecko. They general rule when feeding Gecko's is that you don't feed them anything that has a larger width than the space in between their eyes. Obviously pinky mice go against this and that is why you have to be very careful.

I'm about to check out kijiji, maybe I'll find some.

But I don't think I would feed them pinky mice.
really cute pets indeed I must say but they look creepy to me :\
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(03-10-2012, 10:46 PM)h3x3n Wrote: I'm about to check out kijiji, maybe I'll find some.

But I don't think I would feed them pinky mice.

I don't know what Kijiji is but you can find Gecko's at most good pet stores.

(03-10-2012, 10:50 PM)Crystal Wrote: really cute pets indeed I must say but they look creepy to me :\

They're absolutely amazing pets, a lot of people think they're going to bite them. Leopard Gecko's are literally the friendliest lizards you could ever come across. I have actually tried getting Buddy to bite me before (the orange one) he won't do it, the reason I was trying to get him to bite me is because I needed to test how strong his jaws are. He still to this day has not bitten me. Don't worry though I don't abuse him when trying to get him to bite me, all you need to do is rub along their mouth. Most of the time they will mistake you for food. Buddy seems to be too smart for that though.
I will admit though when I first got Buddy I was scared of him and I too thought he was creepy, he was and still is my dream pet.
(03-10-2012, 10:55 PM)Renowned Wrote: I don't know what Kijiji is but you can find Gecko's at most good pet stores.

It's just a website where you can buy stuff from people.

Those things are sick!
I want a gecko Smile I used to have an Iguana.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Beautiful Pets Smellz-like-chr0n 3 1,016 03-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Last Post: h3x3n