Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mentoring me???
Is there anyone around that would be able to take the time to mentor me on programming??? I'm trying to learn C++ & it's hard trying to learn about something while confused.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
What kind of programming experience do you have before C++?
Just basically C#, think of me actually still trying to learn how to code.
(01-31-2012, 05:19 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: Just basically C#, think of me actually still trying to learn how to code.

That may help a bit but if your still learning how to code then probably not advancing to C++ yet is your best chance for now. Learn more C# before you advance.
I mean, I hate the idea of stepping on to something different & I don't want C# anymore whats the use???
Also, I don't feel it but at the same time, I'm thinking it would be good, what about Python???
Why I ask is because I don't want to go into something different after working with this already :/
Quote:I don't want to go into something different after working with this already

Quote:I hate the idea of stepping on to something different

Quote:I don't want C# anymore

What do you want then? Huh These sound very contradicting to me which makes things confusing for me to understand. Python would be okay though.
How contradicting. I said I don't want to step into doing other stuff with how far I've gotten into what I'm doing now.
(02-01-2012, 03:06 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: How contradicting. I said I don't want to step into doing other stuff with how far I've gotten into what I'm doing now.

I know, but that's what confused me. Why are you trying to learn C++ then if you don't want to step into doing other stuff with how far you are with C#?

C# does help you learn languages like C++, but that doesn't mean they are going to be an easy switch. I mentioned in my other thread somewhere that it would be easy in comparison to VB.net over to C++, but it's still going to be quite a bit different.

You have to manage and know quite a bit more with everything you're required to handle in C++, that normally gets taken care of for you in C# or VB.net for that matter

I can help you learn a few basics, but I don't have the time to personally mentor someone in something. If you post questions though i'll likely answer, and that would be my help to you
In all honesty, having a "mentor" won't help you. Start learning yourself, the internet is an amazing resource. Use it, and if you have individual questions: ask someone over aim/msn who has experience (and someone who doesn't think you're annoying). It is the best way to learn.

You don't even seem to have your mind made up on what you want, anyway.
I actually do, I want to learn basically all styles through the system of languages.
Like, for web coding, software coding & along them lines. So I was thinking C++ & Python. I've always been thinking it would be better if I just tried to go head forth into this then just study try other.

I really have no one on AIM but I have a friend were were gonna make a night to work together & program.