Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini PHP Project
(09-04-2011, 05:18 PM)Orgy Wrote: I think everyone starts with an IP logging script. Not a bad thing, really; if you make a half-decent one, you can learn quite a bit.
My most recent project was a login page.
It has a register button which when you register, submits the data to a mysql database.
When you login it verifies the data, and then proceeds to display a 'Logged in successfully' or 'The username or password is incorrect.'

It's not very secure, as I didn't really want to bother with making it secure.
(09-04-2011, 04:23 PM)Orgy Wrote: Then you can still use $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']

;)

You could, but then you are using a already used function making the site load slower Tongue

(09-04-2011, 05:18 PM)Orgy Wrote: I think everyone starts with an IP logging script. Not a bad thing, really; if you make a half-decent one, you can learn quite a bit.

You should of put almost. Because i sure didn't. I learned PHP by learning how to make Nuke-Evolution modules. lol

(09-04-2011, 05:41 PM).edit Wrote: My most recent project was a login page.
It has a register button which when you register, submits the data to a mysql database.
When you login it verifies the data, and then proceeds to display a 'Logged in successfully' or 'The username or password is incorrect.'

It's not very secure, as I didn't really want to bother with making it secure.

Well if it isn't going to be used publicly, then it really don't matter if it is secure or not. Just for like a tutorial to put out there or a snippet, then it would be cool. Other than that i always recommend making it secure. Just saying Tongue
(09-04-2011, 09:45 PM)FritoBandito Wrote: You could, but then you are using a already used function making the site load slower Tongue

Actually, it's not a function. It's a variable. If anything, assigning it to another variable would make it slower. But not by any sort of noticeable amount.
[Image: TYzKF.png]
FritoBandito Wrote:You could, but then you are using a already used function making the site load slower

"using an already used function"? It's not used at all, it's not going to have 2 values at the same time because it gets refreshed for every person and for every page load. That's not going to make it slower, it's going to make things faster instead of trying to parse it out through an extra variable.
(09-04-2011, 04:23 PM)Orgy Wrote: Then you can still use $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']

;)

Nice to see you on SupportForums by the way Orgy.

Also, if I was to use JavaScript, then it would no longer be a PHP project, would it? It'd be a project. Oui
(09-05-2011, 03:24 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Nice to see you on SupportForums by the way Orgy.

Also, if I was to use JavaScript, then it would no longer be a PHP project, would it? It'd be a project. Oui

Then you're going to have a hard time gathering their timezone. You could try looking up their IP in a GeoIP database and determining timezone from that.
(09-05-2011, 06:38 AM)Orgy Wrote: Then you're going to have a hard time gathering their timezone. You could try looking up their IP in a GeoIP database and determining timezone from that.

That's too hard for me at the moment, I'm only just learning PHP.
I love the song, may I ask what is it called, or where could I get it?
It looks like a good start, keep it up!
(09-05-2011, 07:11 AM)BreShiE Wrote: That's too hard for me at the moment, I'm only just learning PHP.

If you understand what you're doing, you aren't learning anything. ;)
(09-05-2011, 08:36 AM)Orgy Wrote: If you understand what you're doing, you aren't learning anything. ;)

No, that page is just practicing what I already learned. I'm learning from w3schools.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PHP Framework List: An Ultimate Guide to 102 PHP Frameworks for Web Developers tk-hassan 0 765 07-27-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  My PHP Project, V.03 [UPDATE] ChromeWolf 3 946 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Last Post: HF~Legend
  PHP Video Tutorials (PHP For Beginners) Eleqtriq 4 3,253 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Greyersting
  PHP Forum Software Project Saint Michael 1 833 12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Saint Michael