Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi A4 bumper?
I was leaving a parking lot and waiting at a light and a semi was making a left hand turn. The semi was going to hit my car so I ended up backing up. I backed up right into someones Audi A4. The tow bar went right into his bumper and I have no damage on my 2006 Chevy Trail Blazer, but he has a hole in his bumper. My parents are making me pay for it myself. I know it was a stupid move to back up. I've been getting this talk all day.
Here's a picture:
[Image: car.jpg]
Would anyone know how much a repair for that bumper would be?
(07-14-2011, 03:02 PM)iTz Realiity Wrote: I was leaving a parking lot and waiting at a light and a semi was making a left hand turn. The semi was going to hit my car so I ended up backing up. I backed up right into someones Audi A4. The tow bar went right into his bumper and I have no damage on my 2006 Chevy Trail Blazer, but he has a hole in his bumper. My parents are making me pay for it myself. I know it was a stupid move to back up. I've been getting this talk all day.
Here's a picture:
[Image: car.jpg]
Would anyone know how much a repair for that bumper would be?

The price would depend if he wants the whole bumper replaced or fixed. The price will also depend on where he gets in fixed and how labor intensive the job would be. Sorry I can not give you an exact price since I'm not a car expert.
Fixing would involve.
-Filling in the hole
-Smoothing it
-Paint
-Labor pay

My estimate on that would be over $200.
My boss at work said 4000. I don't really believe that though. My father said around 2500 and that's a little more believable. Another co-worker said 800. I dont know which person to believe.
This is really bad. From my point of view cost doesn't matter in this case if you want to solve your problem.

oh Sad
That is poor . . . !!!
You could try to bondo it yourself, then pay to get it painted.
The problem is it isn't my car. The Audi is the guy's that I backed into. I can't do much with it except pay for it.
(07-14-2011, 04:19 PM)Don Corleone Wrote: The price would depend if he wants the whole bumper replaced or fixed. The price will also depend on where he gets in fixed and how labor intensive the job would be. Sorry I can not give you an exact price since I'm not a car expert.
Fixing would involve.
-Filling in the hole
-Smoothing it
-Paint
-Labor pay

My estimate on that would be over $200.

lol, "filling in the hole" and "$200"? Are you crazy?

That would be well over $1000. Especially since it's an Audi. Depending on how he wants to do it, they will replace that entire side of the car, since it's not on the hood. They will have to match the paint and all of that too. If it was a dent, what they do is they have a suction thing that sucks it out, then they pound it back in until it's flush with the rest of the metal plate.

All I can say is, I think you'll become a more cautious driver in the future after having to pay for this.

Holes are different, there's no real miracle fix for them. You replace the full thing most of the time. You're looking at replacing this entire thing, and however far that piece of metal goes (it's hard to see from the picture).

[Image: icfXKK.jpg]
2500 to repair a few small holes?

I can get my whole truck fixed with all the big dents, repainted for a grand over here.
Lol, that sucks really bad bro. Didn't you even look behind you?
Legitimate Marketer | Exchanger | Middle Man | RAT Expert

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audi RS6 R and BMW M5 Hurricane [PS700+] Gaijin 4 3,046 11-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Last Post: zone
  Audi E-Tron Gaijin 2 1,041 10-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Gaijin