Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Debate team
Well i was thinking of something fun to do that took some skill but everybody could participate. So i though of making debate teams. Every week we chose a new debatable topic then somewhat gather into teams, to a point and debate out what we think, or watch to people go head to head debating. This is a really good process to learn and show how smart and maybe philosophical we are. I know a lot of people would like to do this just maybe to alleviate some stress with a good old fashioned argument. Also if this gets big enough we can have members suggest themes and topics to debate about. it can evolve religion, politics, and a lot of life discussions such as the topic of abortion. Are you pro life or pro choice.
So I really think this is a good idea, if you agree please post that you do. But we are going to need rules so this doesn't get out of hand. So some basic rules i though of:
1. No flaming, its alright to express your feeling but you have to let others express there's as well.
2. No rep is involved in this EVER, simply enough stated.
3. If you don't think the topic is appropriate or think it is offensive than don't post, the reason being is every week the topic must be screen by staff or someone elected to do it.
4. This may not carry out of its forum sticky/topic or what ever it is, if it gets there
5. All members must be willing to take some heat if they plan on debating, this includes staff if they want to debate they must not get but hurt.

Well i hope omni thinks about this as well as all of you guys so as well, please leave some feed back.
Seems like this would work better if it was a little more informal. Rules regarding rep, making sure you remain on topic, etc. means the focus might not be on the topic at hand. Still, it's a good idea at its essence. I'm sure you could start a thread to get it going.
Want to discuss Google's new Nexus 7 tablet?
Want to try and win Google Play credits and Nexus 7 cases?

Nexus 7 Forums
(03-08-2011, 07:37 PM)Quinlan Wrote: Seems like this would work better if it was a little more informal. Rules regarding rep, making sure you remain on topic, etc. means the focus might not be on the topic at hand. Still, it's a good idea at its essence. I'm sure you could start a thread to get it going.

Yes but the topic is pretty self explanatory. I need like one other person to help me get this started. Like three or four of us to get the whole thing started.
I don't like debating, everyone has their own minds & opinions.
(03-08-2011, 08:38 PM)Gregarious Wrote: I don't like debating, everyone has their own minds & opinions.
That iss the whole point of debating. That is what makes it so much fun.

p.s Also Quinlan I can't pm yet so your going to have to wait till i get 10 posts till i can respond to you.
This could be a great idea, but it would take too much time make it for Omni.
He seems to mega buys with HF glitching and what not.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(03-09-2011, 06:37 PM)NekoChan Wrote: This could be a great idea, but it would take too much time make it for Omni.
He seems to mega buys with HF glitching and what not.
well it don't require much from him actually, ( i am volunteering not asking) he can just assign power to some one like me are a mod or some one after he just creates a thread or section or something.
Uh fighting :3 hm COF I mean Debating, sounds good to me :p
[Image: leaocomletras2.png]
Hurt the one you love and you'll be hurting your life. 'Nuff said.
(03-11-2011, 03:25 AM)killamuvz Wrote: Uh fighting :3 hm COF I mean Debating, sounds good to me :p
Lolz good, i think i might make a thread soon with the first debate question.
Any suggestions?
(03-11-2011, 07:00 PM)RDCA Wrote: Lolz good, i think i might make a thread soon with the first debate question.
Any suggestions?

Fate vs. Free Will, we can make it an intellectual and insightful topic Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HJT Team and SF Kewlz 10 2,134 05-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Last Post: ven0m
  [Suggestion] Debate Section Hуѕтєяιa X™ 8 2,212 06-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Hуѕтєяιa X™
  A Debate Section. Pineapple 26 5,191 11-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lord_Scorch
  Welcome Jay, to the Staff team. Sam 53 16,764 10-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Magiic™