Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subscribe to SF, not a suggestion, a discussion.
Firstly, a few points, if this should be in a lounge(Or W/E it is called) Could a mod please move it, I posted here because I wanted a serious discussion.

Secondly, I know this as been suggested before, this is for discussing the issue. I am going to post some good arguments for it, and would like you also to post some pros/cons.

OK, my points:

1. There is nothing illegal here, so Omni's PayPal will be fine.
  2. There should be no "member only" areas, knowledge should be free for all.
  3. Subscribers should have very few, if any "perks". Such as just a usergroup with a logo.
  4. It will support Omni, after all he has said himself he is on the internet to make money, it is a job not a hobby.
  5. It will only be like $5, nearly everyone can afford that.
  6. It can cover server costs/site improvements.

Now you go, reasonable arguments only not "Theyz alredddy sayz n0, lokz pl0x?"
[Image: Lj]
Donate if you want to give him free money.
I'm also with this, I remember someone saying that Omni has his own money and he can pay the server stuff.. but still, it would be nice if we have a special group, color, etc, for us subscribers and also a VIP only section. You know.
I'd like a subscription, actually.

A cool logo and the ability to rep could be the perks. Anyways, I don't know if we have enough members for this to work out yet. We'll see.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(10-10-2009, 12:43 PM)MreGSX Wrote: I'd like a subscription, actually.

A cool logo and the ability to rep could be the perks. Anyways, I don't know if we have enough members for this to work out yet. We'll see.

Making the rep only for subscribers would be cool too and dude, we have a lot of members to do this.
(10-10-2009, 12:42 PM)Headshot Wrote: I'm also with this, I remember someone saying that Omni has his own money and he can pay the server stuff.. but still, it would be nice if we have a special group, color, etc, for us subscribers and also a VIP only section. You know.

Omni was almost broke and considering giving up making cash on the internet a few weeks back, now he has sold HF he has some spare cash. But the internet is his job, not a sink hole for his cash.
[Image: Lj]
(10-10-2009, 12:47 PM)Headshot Wrote: Making the rep only for subscribers would be cool too and dude, we have a lot of members to do this.

We may have a lot of members, but an average of 30 online. I'd like this feature but at the end of the day it's up to Omniscient
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

MreGSX, we do have a lot online in a day.. but it's the, time zones.

But man, SF is still new. We can still do the subscribers thing tho, SF is going to be epic soon.
I vote YES. The biggest reason is it keeps us from getting ads all over the site while we're logged in. He can set up the ads to where there is quite a bit for guests, about half as much for registered members, and 0 for Subscribers.

Perks. Well, no ads, ability to -rep (I think all members should be allowed to +rep), a nifty user group image, see others' warning points, and the ability to change username/custom user title.

cons of a subsription system: People from outside the country's that are ok with PayPal will whine. Kids will whine they don't have the money and it's unfair. Etc. Etc.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Hm.

A forum subscription would be a relative useful feature. Users could gain extra features that normal users cannot get. As stated above, the ability to change user name/title would be a nice feature.

I believe the ads should encompass all members. It's a cordial way to gain a profit.

As for the reputation non-sense, I don't believe in it. Reputation should be allowed to be given by all.

Overall, it's an interesting concept that could very well be implemented. Hopefully we see it in the near future.

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Idea Discussion: SF Weekly World News BlackChaos 22 4,160 03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  Notifications Sent To Phone | Subscribe To Threads | Suggestion -Infectious 1 527 07-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Kotto*N[ix]mouth
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 9,624 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,333 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,749 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINKā„¢