Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming killing my relationships? Please help.
so you don't have to give up gaming but if you really want to lose the "addiction" then just sell it...go to your local gamestop and get some cash out of it...after i sold my xbox i started to care about more important things..started to go to the gym everyday, and started eating right, i became a lot more healthy and went from a skinny and tall looking monkey to a really fit guy...i guess if your going to keep gaming then you should be able to call it a hobby and not something that dictates your life
If it helps, I can offer you Japanese lessons. It's very fun, and it's worth it. I don't suggest you give up gaming all together - possibly limit the time spent on games?
You don't need to give up gaming. The maximum amount of time you should spend in front of the screen (TV, Monitor, XBox, etc.) should be 2 hours a day.
I highly recommend play on your XBox after you've finished your homework, try setting a timer and stretching out those two hours. I don't recommend you play when you wake up, before or after bed, play for long hours without any breaks. Playing before bed will disrupt sleep and it'll take longer for you to sleep. I'm not sure if you wake up in the middle of the night and play on the XBox. I did that for about a week and it's not very fun, I sleep at 6AM and I wake up at 3PM.
just learn to balance em both correctly.
I've had my Xbox since Christmas of 07, and bought my H3 around the same time.I was instantly addicted to it, and played it every waking moment of my life, literally...

I was extremely good though, got into the MLG part of it, and became a 5 STAR 50 in MLG in no time. I attended my first MLG event NJ Meadows 09, and partied with the best pro players (they stayed in the room next to me so it was an instant invite).It was so much fun partying with MLG pro's that people like worshiped quit literally.

I played at my first MLG event in 2010, and got 12th place gaining instant popularity among "fan boys".

I noticed Halo was pretty much my life in those years, and I thought about all the other things I could have done instead of playing video games.

I have recently laid my controller to rest, thinking about getting a job, I recommend you do the same,
Xbox has ruined many lives, its the sad truth Sad
(09-23-2010, 02:59 AM)~Rei Wrote: Xbox has ruined many lives, its the sad truth Sad

The X-Box did not ruin any lives whatsoever. It's the users who don't know how to control themselves or limit their time.
Everything is always better in the end. If things aren't better, it isn't the end.
Stop playing video game's
Nuff said.
[Image: 25qgpvk.png]
Aim: Kinectful
Msn: HF-Kinect@live.com
Gamertag: Kinectful
Yeah, sell your xbox and move on. I done it Smile - lifes better without it.
Just lock away your XBox and don't play alone. Maybe it has some kind of app where it turns off automatically after a set time? (I'm clueless when it comes to the XBox, lol).

Anyways, the main idea is that you can't handle playing it. Only allow yourself to play it with friends IF they agree, and then only for a little bit.

Too much of a good thing is ALWAYS a bad thing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  me, insecurity and relationships robcooley123 7 1,960 12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: pgcar
  Ehh... Relationships are hard :( Astrael 1 936 07-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: masami
  My Thoughts of Trust in Relationships Metapod 4 1,373 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: username999
  I have a serious issue sex and relationships. K3STR3Lx 7 1,200 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  this is KILLING me! Reykjavik 7 1,167 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Last Post: sockatobi