Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was SF down?
Attacks against the site. If that's how people want to waste their time that's their problem. Sorry but I don't run any DDOS protection for this site.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
When are we going to shift to a VPS?
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
(05-12-2012, 11:52 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Attacks against the site. If that's how people want to waste their time that's their problem. Sorry but I don't run any DDOS protection for this site.

Just a quick note that you could look at I'm Under Attack as a quick alternative to looking for other DDoS protection (could help with some of the attacks you see).
I don't think Omniscient sees the point in DDOS Protection for SF. I understand that completely.
Most attacks on SF are relatively short. Not that I want hours of downtime but I rarely actually see it myself. Most of the time it appears to be brief attacks lasting 1-2 hours.

Eventually I'll tighten up the site to maximize uptime but we're still on shared hosting. Until we have dedicated I don't see a huge point as it's easy to take offline a shared hosting site.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Weren't we going to shift on a VPS earlier?
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
It's sad to see how people use free DDoSers to attack other sites, and thinking they're some leet hackers, makes me giggle everytime.
[Image: 2dmd5j.png]
(05-16-2012, 01:21 PM)Kewlz Wrote: Weren't we going to shift on a VPS earlier?
I think we need to move to a VPS at some point.
It was down for me for a while. Not sure whats up.
We went down again yesterday for an hour but there is nothing currently we can do. It's nothing too big so we just have to deal with it.