Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound isn't working rite
Ok, but i'd still like to see what the rest of your devices were, the screenshot shows only some of the playback devices as the scrollbar is scrolled all the way to the bottom. Please post that.
[Image: 55f63f1f6becc51749870e1098b0a03c.png?1327541726]
[Image: a6ff0e0db33638b5f1d84e352a7a6944.png?1327541757]
Are you running Vista? Try disabling all the devices with the exception of Speakers

Also check your device manager under "Sound, video, and game controllers". I probably should have mentioned this earlier to check. Make sure there's no warning symbols beside each item under that heading.
Sound is no longer patchy, but youtube still does not play. I disabled every HDMI device, and uninstalled them, and RAN CC cleaner, and cleared all my CC, cache, history, ect.
Okay. Do youtube video's play? Or not? In other words, do the videos play? Just no sound? Or the video entirely doesn't play at all?

I'm getting confused, as I have no idea what you do on your system, but you report back to me that youtube plays from time to time, and others it doesn't... Huh

Do you have any other sound devices to test? Any other headphones, speakers? Also more just to double check, as I have no idea what's going on with your system here; it sounds pretty awkward to me.

Check for any loose connections, and still I would recommend checking your Realtek config which should be in your control panel. You still didn't answer my question though, as this isn't posted under a specific Windows forum, what Windows OS do you run? Vista/Win7?

And you also didn't mention whether you checked your Device manager for any warnings or not? Huh

To solve problems like this you need to have a specific strategy, can't just jump around from one thing to the next.
No warnings, no headphones don't work on youtube either, the videos play. Sound just plays for 1-10 seconds
When the sound is no longer playing, (make sure the youtube video or song you're listening to is still "playing") but when you don't hear sound, keep the video going and check your playback devices. Maybe it's possible that your default playback device is switching over for some reason. If you see bars indicating that your playback device has changed from the speakers over into another device in that location which you've posted a screenshot for, then that is the problem. Otherwise I don't know, i'm just posting suggestions here, but this is strange to me by the way you've worded the issue here and the events that have been going on.
WOW, it is changing my sound device to "Digital Output Device (HDMI)"

Good, we diagnosed the issue!

EDIT: Disabled it, now it says no audio device installed., so I guess it is just disconnecting my speakers after a few seconds, weird Unsure
Alright, You should disable that HDMI device completely and maybe it won't try to transition. Worth a try.
(01-27-2012, 09:27 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Alright, You should disable that HDMI device completely and maybe it won't try to transition. Worth a try.

Doesn't work. I disabled everything but speakers and now it just goes to no audio devices installed. When I close my browser, it says it is connected to speakers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDD's Sound malfoy_G_PIR 2 753 10-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Aura
  Sound issue -URGENT Ruzlier 2 756 05-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Mugetsu.
  HDMI sound output not working Ruzlier 2 783 11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash
  Sound lagging problem - really annoying Treblez 16 3,979 03-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Treblez
  sound card nertz01 9 1,710 10-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Last Post: nertz01