Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is better?
(01-20-2012, 05:09 AM)Gerira Gaijin Wrote: Thanks guys. Also, I found a great web-site with step-by-step tutorials. It's really detailed and I'll post it here, in case someone else founds it needed. http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp.html

(01-20-2012, 02:00 PM)RDCA Wrote: I would follow these if you want some video tutorials, I know the creator of them and he is an excellent and skilled coder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN-_Belg8...c6XBneQOta

Both resources are good, but I looked at the first Youtube video, and he mentioned that to select an item from intellisense was to press enter lol. Use Tab instead, it's the real way intended to insert the item highlighted in the intellisense box, and you'll notice it's the same shortcut for Java in Netbeans as well.

Otherwise, both were decent for just starting out.

I would still HIGHLY recommend taking a look at MSDN documentation every once in a while though as well. It's good to get into habit of being able to read and understand documentation. Uninfluenced by other peoples interpretations trying to teach you so that you can learn lots about it on your own. Once in a while it's good to get an opinion from people who have used similar methods though from documentation and can tell you which is the best to use.

Nice links though Smile
Yes, I adore MSDN. They have lots and lots of articles on everything. I mean everything. From custom controls, to data management, to Visual Studio extensions.
C# is a more advanced programming languages and more companys would look for someone that can code C# over Visual Basics. But Visual Basics is a easier one to learn. They both can make amazing stuff but it is up to you easy or more advanced.
Too bad I can't watch Youtube, but still, thanks for the link. When I'll be able to watch them, I'll download them Smile)
Hmm, I don't really have motivation to learn C#. I think I'll rather practice VB.Net a bit more, and then later it'll be easier to switch.
C# has a syntax that is similar to a few other languages, which means that it should be easier for you to learn them after you have learnt C#. VB.Net doesn't really share a syntax with any other language.

So say for example you wanted to learn Java, C# would be a great stepping stone.
[Image: cooldude.png]

(09-05-2011, 08:36 AM)Orgy Wrote: If you understand what you're doing, you aren't learning anything. ;)
(01-26-2012, 06:44 AM)★Cooldude★ Wrote: C# has a syntax that is similar to a few other languages, which means that it should be easier for you to learn them after you have learnt C#. VB.Net doesn't really share a syntax with any other language.

So say for example you wanted to learn Java, C# would be a great stepping stone.

If he plans on learning Java then he might as well skip C#. It will save him time. I have an alright understanding of both languages, and I would give them the same ranking in difficulty. The only thing that may be considered a bit harder is the GUI. But java have the built in javax library for making them. So it's not like he has to mess with external libraries nor Win32 API.

(01-26-2012, 05:42 PM)RDCA Wrote: If he plans on learning Java then he might as well skip C#. It will save him time. I have an alright understanding of both languages, and I would give them the same ranking in difficulty. The only thing that may be considered a bit harder is the GUI. But java have the built in javax library for making them. So it's not like he has to mess with external libraries nor Win32 API.

Maybe not as much messing around but do understand that virtually everything utilizes the Win32 API with Windows Forms. It's unavoidable, if you want a form. No form would show if it didn't utilize the Win32 API.
(01-26-2012, 05:49 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Maybe not as much messing around but do understand that virtually everything utilizes the Win32 API with Windows Forms. It's unavoidable, if you want a form. No form would show if it didn't utilize the Win32 API.

I know that, but with Java/C#/Vb/Python they all have a built in functions which do it for you.
If you plan on making alot of programs than you should download C# C++.