Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to make a SF Userbar?
Thanks for the link Unify.

Good member always Unify
Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation of how to make userbars with GIMP. Excellent info!

(09-14-2011, 01:41 PM)Unify Wrote: Moderators or staff members are the ones who add the userbar to your website, but many times groups you join have their own custom userbar you could make them. Here's a few links to a good tutorials i found.

Long userbar tut:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=6520

Support forums user bar
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=20555

I assume you want a user bar like this:
[Image: moderator.png]
I'll try to find a tutorial for one of those, but just so you know you need to be in a group or a special member to get one of those.
It's plain and simple I'll try to make on, but IMO hf userbars look much better.

(09-19-2011, 09:23 AM)Grin Wrote: It's plain and simple I'll try to make on, but IMO hf userbars look much better.

This isn't HF though. Those userbars wouldn't fit well with this theme at all.
The current ones here are professional and simplistic.
(09-19-2011, 09:23 AM)Grin Wrote: It's plain and simple I'll try to make on, but IMO hf userbars look much better.

You can't do anything special with the userbars at SF anyway. Omni set a specific template for users to follow.
(09-19-2011, 09:57 AM)Fragma Wrote: This isn't HF though. Those userbars wouldn't fit well with this theme at all.
The current ones here are professional and simplistic.

You got to admit though. HF userbar's are more stylish. But plain and simple for a plain and friendly site eh? Smile
(09-19-2011, 10:32 AM)Minecraft Wrote: You got to admit though. HF userbar's are more stylish. But plain and simple for a plain and friendly site eh? Smile

Style can be depicted in many different ways. They're 2 totally different styles, both of which suit the theme & genre of each forum.
I know it's plain and simple. I didn't say it was bad. It's just not vibrant I guess the word I'm looking for.
I still like the userbar.
And I will show you my work when I'm done.
Thanks for your input though.
No problem Grin, we all have our own opinion's on things and i'm glad we share them.
This helped me too. Needed to know this for HF as well

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hows our New userbar? -Elision- 29 3,816 03-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Toph
  One single userbar request Ian 5 904 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Toph
  Support Forums userbar tutorial Tierney 35 6,181 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Detroit
  Looking for one Userbar. Bob The Builder 5 862 09-15-2011, 06:14 AM
Last Post: ₠o™
  Light UserBar... Fragma 25 4,593 11-12-2010, 10:14 AM