Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is scary...online privacy.
o_o What in the world...yeah I wouldn't install those, it seems...strange. Whistle
"Don't treat life as a losing battle, but as an ongoing challenge."
[Image: df0oS.png]
lol ah next pop up asks for your soul lmao
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
dont accept that lol
I like how everybody feels the need to tell him not to install it lol.

I think he probably has a brain.
Ya its getting crazy out there on the one hand all this info is good for hackers but its also good for government to watch us and corporations to control us
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
You should install it Smile Jokes. Don't report it to a white-hat team and have them help you out!
Time for me to play Supermario as it seems to be the safest application on the internet.
[Image: siggp.png]
Yeah, dont install that, it's the same as creators of firefox addons, some of them are complete junk, and lots of the ones for facebook are most of the time viruses and other intrusions that don't do what they say. You're lucky this one even specified that it can see all of your information.

I would highly advise you not to download random plugins and google chrome extensions. I hardly have any, I ONLY use the ones that I need and the ones that are more frequently downloaded to reduce that risk of getting one that isn't something you should download. And I would recommend the same to anyone else, not to mention it will slow down your web browsing experience Smile
They are legit applications. And it does need access to your information to delete it...but it's still scary.
(01-16-2011, 10:04 PM)Laugh Wrote: They are legit applications. And it does need access to your information to delete it...but it's still scary.

I haven't taken the time to look up what the extension was used for, which is my fault, but I would still advise you not to download it. Thats just my personal opinion though.

Even if it's not anything 'malicious' you never know if the coder of the extension has developed a little part in the code where he can view everything for himself. I'm sure the guy doesn't have time to look at everyone's information, but there's still a lot of security issues with that.

I'm sure there are manual ways to do those kinds of things if it just clears your history and cache faster. Which is what I would do instead.