Poll: Which Anti-Virus do you Use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Avast! Anti-Virus Free/Pro
28.57%
4 28.57%
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010/Internet Security 2010
14.29%
2 14.29%
McAfee Total Protection
0%
0 0%
Nod32
14.29%
2 14.29%
Avira Premium Suite 2010
21.43%
3 21.43%
Other
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Anti-Virus do you use for Windows/Mac and Why?
(10-16-2010, 12:00 AM)cheeseburger Wrote: Why? Because that OS is extremely unpopular.
Why? Because Windows fails.
[/quote]

As In crashes or sucks, because I really love it. It doesn't unless you know how to use windows ;) *cough* me *cough*
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Quote:As In crashes or sucks, because I really love it. It doesn't unless you know how to use windows ;) *cough* me *cough*

Chances of getting a virus are slim, everything is free and open source so you can modify it. Fully customizable, faster, stable, doesn't require constant rebooting.
No bsod, no licensing crap, use live cd or usb which allows you to run the OS on any computer without installing it. No need to run a heap of other bullshit like antivirus, antispyware, registry cleaners, etc. The gaming on Linux is good enough for me, i have numerous emulators and thousands of roms, a good collection of multiplayer fps games that i play online, wine is installed if i need it, or there is always virtual box where Windows belongs Smile

I am currently using a cracked version on Eset NOD32.
Seems to find most of the infections for me.
I use Avast Internet Security real time and Mbam offline.
(10-16-2010, 12:43 AM)cheeseburger Wrote: Chances of getting a virus are slim, everything is free and open source so you can modify it. Fully customizable, faster, stable, doesn't require constant rebooting.
No bsod, no licensing crap, use live cd or usb which allows you to run the OS on any computer without installing it. No need to run a heap of other bullshit like antivirus, antispyware, registry cleaners, etc. The gaming on Linux is good enough for me, i have numerous emulators and thousands of roms, a good collection of multiplayer fps games that i play online, wine is installed if i need it, or there is always virtual box where Windows belongs Smile

So I suppose your a Mac User?... Just saying, Macs for unexperienced computer users. That not might apply to you, but a majority.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(10-16-2010, 10:17 AM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: So I suppose your a Mac User?... Just saying, Macs for unexperienced computer users. That not might apply to you, but a majority.

I'm a Linux/Windows/BSD user, and that just doesn't make sense.

Avira Premium Security Suite. Why? Because it uses no CPU ever, has a high detection rate, and is alot better than any other AV I have tried.
I use Avast! Free Edition as my AntiVirus.

I run Windows XP Professional edition and it does the job. Very happy with this program.

Regards,
Zurmi
I use avira free as anti virus and zonealarm as firewall. I use avira because of it's I think good virus database and zonalaram because of it's good reputation.

(10-16-2010, 12:00 AM)Cybr ﴾͡๏̯͡๏) Wrote: Linux isn't an OS.

True, it's a kernel.
i use avast , and also alongside it mbam.the two great features of both which have helped me alot are the boot-time scan in avast and the flash scan in mbam which has saved my behind quite a few times
[Image: dating.png]<-----Click Here!!!! Learn how to be the guy that gets the girl + FREE mobile dating

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Get] Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 - 3 Months Free Reaper 6 2,722 12-19-2014, 05:20 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  link getting redirected ? virus ? prince76 25 11,188 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  Hide your mac address with this. Black Shadow 19 8,168 07-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Connected
  Is it true that Commodo Firewall interferes with Avast Anti-virus? Alreiger 8 3,662 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Alreiger
  What Anti-Virus do you guys use? 0 554 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™