Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared...
Hi Ana,

I'm sorry that you are having these feelings of insecurity in your relationship. There's definitely nothing wrong with you for feeling this way; I think no matter how strong a relationship is, sometimes we can have doubts and anxieties about them. It sounds like you do have a strong and healthy relationship with this person, which majorly helps!

Is this insecurity something you've dealt with in past relationships, with friends, family members, etc.? Do you have a history of people leaving you in the past? If so, that's important to think about so you can unpack and deal with that baggage and emotional history. 

Have you spoken to your partner about these feelings at all? I think although as you put it, it's "your issue," its affecting your relationship and is important to talk about with your partner.  Perhaps starting off with the fact that their behavior is not the cause of your feelings and making sure that they know that you aren't blaming them is important. But being able to talk about how your feeling with them is important because they are your partner and want to help you deal with the emotional issues in your life! A good and loving partner wants to provide kindness, reassurance, and emotional support for you when you are suffering from these feelings. By the sounds of your relationship, your girlfriend would want to be able to do that for you. 

As for her close friendships, obviously it's good for partners to spend time away from each other and in positive and strong relationships with others. Have you thought about planning an event with your partner and her friends for big occasions like NYE? We're all going to need those friend weekends to get away from our partner sometimes, but I'm sure if an occasion like New Years was important for you to spend with your partner, she would be excited that you planned something for all of the people she loves in her life Smile

I hope this was somewhat helpful. Good luck! Victoire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared... - by elizabeth28 - 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling excluded and need advise. Ukguinea 1 828 01-06-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: larzihops2
  Feeling Confused and Used any advice? sharkattack89 1 685 08-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Mimi
  I have to end things with my GF and I'm so very sad about it -- feeling so alone soul3 0 611 07-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Last Post: soul3
  Feeling violated Notrust87 3 843 02-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Last Post: FeaturedBmx
  Lonely, Scared, Lost. Tau 2 1,149 09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: here4Uhere4Me