Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MYBB FORUM PERSISTENT ISSUE WITH LOGGING IN
I am the website administrator for The Alabama Sustainable Agriculture Network. I built their website, which included MYBB forum. However, ever
since I got the forum up and running, I have encountered persistent problems with logging in.

Despite the fact that I am the one who installed this forum, and I am the only admin, the forum NEVER recognizes me. It's as if I never submitted or set up log-in credentials. Everytime I attempt to log in I get a message that I have exceeded the number of log-in attempts and need to wait 15 minutes... Which is time-consuming and aggravating for someone who works online.

I have to go through the whole process of resetting my password, and even then, I cannot log-in to the forum. And I really need to access it, because I have people spamming the forum, and I need to get in there so I can delete these spam messages. The organization who I built the site for, feel I'm incompetent because I don't know what to do to control the spamming... but I JUST CAN'T LOG IN.

I was trying to use the "Official" MYBB Support Forums to get help, and I did read the information posted there, and followed those instructions to the letter, but their suggestion did not help me.

I am NOT a coder but have a lot of experience with working with php scripts, so I am very baffled by this problem. I hope there is somebody within these forums who can assist me once and for all.

Messages In This Thread
MYBB FORUM PERSISTENT ISSUE WITH LOGGING IN - by caclarkfrieson - 05-31-2012, 02:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MyBB] Problems after forum migration m1n3rman 2 1,238 07-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Wolf
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 924 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri
  MyBB Tabbed Menu issue LanteGames™ 2 1,190 11-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  Weird global.css issue in my forum. Darkside 8 2,630 01-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  MyBB forum board logo centered? Graveee 4 2,843 11-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Last Post: D3xus